Man or animation popping in website

• Thread starter Raghav Gupta
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Animation
In summary: A pop-up video or video spokesperson is a website element used to grab the visitor's attention and deliver a message or advertisement. It typically involves a video that appears on the page or pops up from the side or bottom of the screen. This effect is commonly used in online advertising and can be triggered by a click, mouseover, or time delay. It is also known as a pop-up ad or video spokesperson ad. In summary, a pop-up video or video spokesperson is a form of online advertising that uses videos to grab attention and deliver a message or advertisement. It can be triggered by a click, mouseover, or time delay and is commonly used on websites.
Raghav Gupta
I was going through a website and a man popped out from side in screen. What is this effect called generally? The man stopped talking when I clicked on him but it was not a video. Anybody has gone through this effect?

Computer science news on Phys.org
A popup ad?

Raghav Gupta said:
I was going through a website and a man popped out from side in screen. What is this effect called generally? The man stopped talking when I clicked on him but it was not a video. Anybody has gone through this effect?
What was the website?

Borg said:
A popup ad?
No,it was not a window opening.
StevieTNZ said:
What was the website?
www.theicebreaker.com
Wait for some time and a man will appear in middle.

Raghav Gupta said:
No,it was not a window opening.

www.theicebreaker.com
Wait for some time and a man will appear in middle.

:eek: Heck no, I'm not going to click that link...

It could be that your PC is infected with some sort of scareware and may not really be connected to that particular website.

Likes gracy
It's a clothing store with a http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/107.182.229.178 in Utah. The only man in the page was a simple scroll ad. Nothing pops up otherwise.

Likes Raghav Gupta
Fervent Freyja said:
:eek: Heck no, I'm not going to click that link...
As you wish.
Fervent Freyja said:
It could be that your PC is infected with some sort of scareware and may not really be connected to that particular website.
Nope.
Borg said:
It's a clothing store with a http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/107.182.229.178 in Utah. The only man in the page was a simple scroll ad.
Not a clothing store and not a simple scroll ad. Did you open the link?
Pepper Mint said:
It's a flash video embedded as a transparent player.
Yeah, thanks. I was looking for that.
Found on wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_spokesperson

Raghav Gupta said:
Not a clothing store and not a simple scroll ad. Did you open the link?
Yes, my mistake. I double checked and the page that I went to earlier this morning was icebreaker.com instead of theicebreaker.com.

A good lesson is why you should run NoScript, AdBlocker and disable flash.

Sure it was just a flash of a pooping man, but it could've just as easily been an exploit kit using one of the many flash vulnerabilities.

cpscdave said:
[...] Sure it was just a flash of a pooping man, [...]

Well, the video didn't technically show the man pooping, per-se. :eek: :biggrin:

But yeah, if you're sick of the unnecessarily bandwidth and annoyance that some ads take, then disabling flash and scripts might not be a bad idea. They probably won't harm your computer though, if your browsers are up to date (this neglects zero-day malware though).

Likes Raghav Gupta and cpscdave
Poopup ads, anyone? :-p

jtbell said:
Poopup ads, anyone? :-p
o:)

Related to Man or animation popping in website

1. What is "man or animation popping in website"?

"Man or animation popping in website" refers to a common design element used on websites where a person or animated character suddenly appears on the screen, usually to grab the attention of the website visitor.

2. Why do websites use this design element?

This design element is often used to add a human touch or element of surprise to a website, making it more engaging and memorable for visitors.

3. Is this design element effective?

It depends on the website and its target audience. In some cases, it can be an effective way to grab attention and make a website more interesting. However, it may also be seen as gimmicky or annoying by some visitors.

4. How is this design element created?

There are various ways to create this effect, such as using coding techniques like CSS animations or JavaScript, or by using pre-made animations or videos.

5. Can this design element be used on any type of website?

While it can be used on any type of website, it is more commonly seen on websites that are more visually oriented, such as entertainment, gaming, or e-commerce websites.