Magnetic field expresion question

In summary, the conversation discusses the magnetic field expression due to a current loop in a solenoid and the use of the Biot-Savart law to calculate it. The root in the denominator is derived from Pythagorean theorem and the sine component of the field. The formula for magnetic field inside a coil is also mentioned, along with the need for current in one of the wires for mutual induction.
nabliat
http://i29.tinypic.com/2rdiuye.jpg

i can't understand how they got the first expression

in a normal coil the distance is r
but here they have a root in the denominator
like they used Pythagorean theorem and multiplying by sinus

and i can't understand where they do it here in order to get the
field expression
??

Physics news on Phys.org
The first expression is the magnetic field due to a current loop of current NI, radius R1 at a point on the axis of symmetry a distance x from the centre. (That is, because the solenoid is so far away we treat it just as a current loop). You can calculate this directly from the Biot-Savart law.

I can't quite follow what you're saying, but you are right in that the square root comes from a sine; by (cylindrical) symmetry the only component of the field that isn't canceled acts along the axis of symmetry. So we just take this component to get the sine.

(Have a look in your textbook for the magnetic field due to a current loop for the details).

i have this formula for a magnetic inside a coil

[tex]
B=\frac{\mu _0NI}{l}
[/tex]

this is a cross section of the system.
to have a mutual induction
i would need to have some current in one of the wires

i don't have it here

??

Related to Magnetic field expresion question

1. What is a magnetic field?

A magnetic field is a force field that surrounds a magnet or electric current and exerts a force on other magnets or electrically charged particles.

2. How is a magnetic field expressed?

A magnetic field is typically expressed in terms of its magnitude and direction. The magnitude is measured in units of tesla (T), and the direction is indicated by the orientation of the field lines.

3. What factors affect the strength of a magnetic field?

The strength of a magnetic field is affected by the distance from the source, the size of the magnet or current, and the material the magnet or current is made of.

4. How is the direction of a magnetic field determined?

The direction of a magnetic field is determined by the direction a compass needle would point if placed in the field. The needle aligns itself with the magnetic field lines.

5. Why are magnetic fields important in science and technology?

Magnetic fields play a crucial role in many areas of science and technology, including electricity generation, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and particle accelerators. They also have practical applications in everyday devices such as speakers, motors, and hard drives.