Looking for Interesting Astro-physics Articles?

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for good astro-physics articles on arxiv.org but not having much luck. They prefer articles that explain how things work rather than just reporting new discoveries. They ask for help and someone suggests trying the physics or astronomy sections for better results, and mentions that Nereid may be able to assist as she has a lot of knowledge in that area.
KingNothing
Hey all...I really like this site arxiv.org. I have been trying to find some good astro-physics articles. I haven't come up with much...I need some reading material for my down time. I am really looking for articles that explain how things work, rather than the normal "we discovered this today" articles. Can anyone help me and maybe link me to some of them?

Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone? Please help.

Have you tried asking this in the physics or astronomy sections? I often see people referencing articles there, you might want to try. A lot of those guys don't come down here in the general discussion area. :frown:

Nereid may be able to help you. (Nereid's a she, btw).

Related to Looking for Interesting Astro-physics Articles?

1. What is an arxiv article?

An arxiv article is a pre-print of a scientific paper that has not yet undergone peer review or been published in a traditional scientific journal. It is often used to share research findings and receive feedback from other scientists before publication.

2. How do I find my favorite arxiv articles?

You can search for arxiv articles on the arXiv.org website, which hosts over 1.5 million articles in various fields of science. You can also follow specific arxiv categories or authors to receive updates on new articles.

3. Can I cite arxiv articles in my research?

Yes, you can cite arxiv articles in your research, but it is important to note that they are not peer-reviewed and may not have the same level of credibility as published articles. It is recommended to use arxiv articles as supplementary sources rather than primary sources.

4. How can I submit my own article to arxiv?

To submit an article to arxiv, you must first create an account on the arXiv.org website. Then, you can upload your article in PDF format and select the appropriate category for your research. Your submission will go through a moderation process before being posted on the website.

5. Is there a cost to access arxiv articles?

No, arxiv articles are free to access and download for everyone. The arXiv.org website is supported by various institutions and organizations, making it a valuable resource for researchers and the general public.