Looking for a movie on spies and a TV show from the 50's

• Thread starter DrDu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, the conversation was about the search for a specific movie which combined elements of spy films and TV quiz shows from the 1950s. The main character was a quizmaster who also worked as a spy, using his show as a cover for his missions. The movie in question is "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind".
DrDu
Science Advisor
I am looking for the name of a movie which was an absurd combination of spy stuff and a TV show from the 50ies where young couples could win travels and fridges in a quiz.
Any help?

Physics news on Phys.org
DrDu said:
I am looking for the name of a movie which was an absurd combination of spy stuff and a TV show from the 50ies where young couples could win travels and fridges in a quiz.
Any help?
That pretty much describes most spy movies (James Bond, Flint, etc.) and most TV quiz shows in the Fifties.

You'll probably have to furnish more details to pin down a specific movie or TV show.

Yes, but a combination of it? It was a movie I saw maybe 10 years ago. The main character was a quizmaster who was also a spy. He used his show to travel unconspiciously to locations where he had a job to do.

Thank you Vanadium 50! That's the movie I was looking for.

Related to Looking for a movie on spies and a TV show from the 50's

1. What are some popular movies about spies?

Some popular movies about spies are "James Bond" franchise, "Mission: Impossible" series, "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy", "The Bourne Identity", and "The Man from U.N.C.L.E."

2. Are there any TV shows about spies from the 1950s?

Yes, there are several TV shows about spies from the 1950s such as "The Thin Man", "Danger Man", "I Spy", "The Saint", and "The Man from U.N.C.L.E."

3. What is the most famous spy movie from the 1950s?

The most famous spy movie from the 1950s is "North by Northwest" directed by Alfred Hitchcock.

4. Which TV show about spies from the 1950s is still popular today?

"The Man from U.N.C.L.E." is still popular today and has even been adapted into a recent movie in 2015.

5. Are there any lesser-known spy movies from the 1950s?

Yes, some lesser-known spy movies from the 1950s are "The Third Man", "The 39 Steps", "The Ipcress File", "The Spy Who Came in from the Cold", and "The Quiller Memorandum".