Location of proofs of trigonometric identities

In summary, the best places to find trigonometric identities and mathematical analysis symbols would be Google or Wikipedia, which both have a wide range of formulas and proofs. Additionally, a Trigonometry textbook specifically focused on these topics can also be found online.
michaelknight
Where would be the best place to find every trigonometric identity, from sin[2] + cos[2] = 1, to the matrix identities (and Euler's equation would be helpful, also)

Also the location of mathematical analysis symbols would be helpful, also. Thank you very much in advance :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried Google?

mathman said:
Have you tried Google?

LOL. And for the poster who asked—you could try Wikipedia. I've heard that it has quite a bit of formulas as well as their proofs.

…or you could always by a Trigonometry (Trigonometry only!) textbook online. I'll bet there's a decent one that covers everything from the basics to advanced concepts.

Related to Location of proofs of trigonometric identities

1. What are the most common locations to find proofs of trigonometric identities?

The most common locations to find proofs of trigonometric identities are in textbooks, online resources, math forums, and academic journals.

2. Are there any specific websites or resources that specialize in providing proofs of trigonometric identities?

Yes, there are many websites and resources that specialize in providing proofs of trigonometric identities, such as MathWorld, Khan Academy, and Wolfram MathWorld. These websites often have a comprehensive collection of proofs for various trigonometric identities.

3. How can I verify the correctness of a proof for a trigonometric identity?

One way to verify the correctness of a proof for a trigonometric identity is to follow each step and check if it is mathematically valid. Additionally, you can compare the proof to other existing proofs for the same identity and see if they follow similar logic.

4. Can I use trigonometric identities without knowing their proofs?

Yes, you can use trigonometric identities without knowing their proofs. However, understanding the proofs can help you better understand the relationships between different trigonometric functions and how they can be manipulated to solve equations or simplify expressions.

5. Is it important to memorize proofs of trigonometric identities?

No, it is not necessary to memorize proofs of trigonometric identities. It is more important to understand the concepts and logic behind the proofs in order to apply them in problem-solving situations.