Leveling mounts for a platform to hold around 300 lbs?

• Thread starter JustinLiang
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Platform
In summary, the speaker needs to build a platform for a fan, air damper, and silencer weighing a total of 300 lbs. They are considering using leveling mounts for the table feet, with one option for 300 lbs capacity and another for 600 lbs capacity. The speaker is wondering why anyone would choose the 300 lb option, and also wants to confirm that the mounts can be adjusted. The minimum height for the mounts is 13/16", and the speaker is unsure about the additional height of the nut. They also ask for a recommendation for the material to use for the platform. Another speaker notes that the 300 lb option may be suitable for load matching if vibration damping is important.
JustinLiang
I need to build a platform (10 in off the ground) that can hold a fan, air damper and silencer which is in total around 300 lbs of weight. I was looking at these leveling mounts that I could use for the table feet:

VZSO9qw.png

I noticed that there is one that says 300 lbs capacity per mount and another one says 600 lbs capacity per mount. They are the same price so why would anyone want to purchase the 300 lb one?

Also, I just want to make sure... You can adjust these right? In case you want to make your table slightly higher?

Cheers

Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes. they adjust. Note that they have a minimum height (C - A) of 13/16". So your actual physical table needs to be 10" - 13/16" = 9 3/16" in height. And you have to accommodate for the additional height of the nut. I do not see that value.

jim mcnamara said:
Yes. they adjust. Note that they have a minimum height (C - A) of 13/16". So your actual physical table needs to be 10" - 13/16" = 9 3/16" in height. And you have to accommodate for the additional height of the nut. I do not see that value.

So the 2 1/2" thread length means that you can adjust the table up to 2 1/2"? Or would it be less since some of the thread length is inside the mount.

Also, what material do you guys recommend I use for the actual platform itself?

JustinLiang said:
I noticed that there is one that says 300 lbs capacity per mount and another one says 600 lbs capacity per mount. They are the same price so why would anyone want to purchase the 300 lb one?

In fact the ones from 40lb down seem to be the same size and price.

You would want to match capacity to load if vibration damping was important.

Related to Leveling mounts for a platform to hold around 300 lbs?

1. How much weight can leveling mounts hold?

The weight capacity of leveling mounts can vary depending on the specific model and manufacturer. However, most leveling mounts are designed to hold around 300 lbs, making them suitable for a variety of platforms and equipment.

2. How many leveling mounts do I need for a platform that weighs 300 lbs?

The number of leveling mounts needed for a platform will depend on the size and weight distribution of the platform. As a general rule, it is recommended to use at least four leveling mounts for a platform that weighs 300 lbs to ensure even weight distribution and stability.

3. Can leveling mounts be used on uneven surfaces?

Yes, leveling mounts are specifically designed to be used on uneven surfaces. They have adjustable feet that can be extended or retracted to level out the platform and provide stability on surfaces that are not completely flat.

4. Are there different types of leveling mounts available?

Yes, there are various types of leveling mounts available, including threaded, stud, and swivel mounts. Each type has its own unique features and capabilities, so it is important to choose the right type based on your specific needs and the weight of the platform.

5. How do I install leveling mounts on a platform?

The installation process for leveling mounts may vary depending on the type and model. However, in general, leveling mounts can be easily installed by screwing or bolting them onto the bottom of the platform. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and ensure that the mounts are securely attached for optimal stability.