Leadscrew Nut for CNC Stages: Flange & Bolt Pattern

• Thread starter ccrook
  • Start date
  • Tags
    nuts
In summary, there is a type of nut called a flanged ball screw nut or flanged leadscrew nut that has a flange or plate with a bolt pattern parallel to the direction of travel. This type of nut is commonly used in CNC stages and can also be found for linear bearings. Other possible names for this type of nut include flanged linear bearings or lead screw followers. Companies such as Nook Industries and Thompson Linear offer various options for these types of nuts.
ccrook
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the nut which has a flange or plate with a bolt pattern parallel to the direction of travel. They are often used in cnc stages. I know there are retainers for nuts that do the same function, but I am looking for the name of the nut that is all of that in one. Thanks in advance!

Engineering news on Phys.org
I have only been able to find flanged leadscrew nuts like this
but I am in search of something similar to what is purchasable for linear bearings like this
this led me to think perhaps I was looking up the wrong name for the part

Sorry the images I thought I had added in my last reply didn't show up. Yes something like the middle screw is what I had in mind.

Might want to look at Nook Industries, and Thompson Linear... they make all sorts of that stuff

Related to Leadscrew Nut for CNC Stages: Flange & Bolt Pattern

1. What is a leadscrew nut for CNC stages?

A leadscrew nut is a mechanical component used in CNC (Computer Numerical Control) stages to convert rotational motion into linear motion. It is typically made of a durable material, such as bronze, and has a threaded hole that engages with the threads of a leadscrew to move the stage in a precise and controlled manner.

2. What are the different types of leadscrew nuts for CNC stages?

There are two main types of leadscrew nuts for CNC stages: flange and bolt pattern. Flange leadscrew nuts have a flange on one side, which allows for easy mounting and alignment with the stage. Bolt pattern leadscrew nuts have a pattern of holes on one side for mounting to the stage using bolts or screws.

3. How do I choose the right leadscrew nut for my CNC stage?

Choosing the right leadscrew nut for your CNC stage depends on various factors, such as the size and type of leadscrew, the load and speed requirements, and the space available for mounting. It is important to consult the manufacturer's specifications and guidelines to select the appropriate leadscrew nut for your specific application.

4. What are the benefits of using a leadscrew nut for CNC stages?

Using a leadscrew nut in CNC stages offers several advantages, including precise and repeatable motion, high load-carrying capacity, and low friction. It also eliminates the need for additional components, such as belts or pulleys, and allows for easy adjustment and maintenance.

5. How do I properly maintain a leadscrew nut for CNC stages?

To ensure the longevity and optimal performance of a leadscrew nut, regular maintenance is crucial. This includes keeping the nut and leadscrew lubricated, checking for any signs of wear or damage, and replacing the nut if necessary. It is also important to follow the manufacturer's recommendations for maintenance and lubrication intervals.