Jobs for mechanical engineer in the US

In summary, the speaker is a mechanical engineering student from Brazil who wants to live outside of Brazil after graduating. They are interested in working in the US or Australia and are seeking advice on how to validate their diploma and the best areas of mechanical engineering to work in, specifically in California. They have experience in a thermal power plant and turbine design factory and are interested in the energy and thermal fields. They are advised to seek advice from their advisor and to pursue internships in the energy sector.
lucas penalva
Hello there, i am from brazil and i will be graduating in mechanical engineering next year.
i really want to live outside brazil and i would go to US or australia. thus, i want to know how could i achieve that, in terms of diploma validation and what are the best areas of mechanical engineering to work in the US, specially in California.
here in brazil, I'm doing an internship in a thermal power plant moved by sugar cane, and already did one in a turbine design factory. i find energy and thermal areas my preference of interest.

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Jobs for mechanical engineer in the US

1. What is the average salary for a mechanical engineer in the US?

The average salary for a mechanical engineer in the US is around $87,370 per year, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, this can vary depending on factors such as location, experience, and industry.

2. What industries employ the most mechanical engineers in the US?

The top industries that employ mechanical engineers in the US include engineering services, machinery manufacturing, transportation equipment manufacturing, and computer and electronic product manufacturing.

3. Is there a high demand for mechanical engineers in the US?

Yes, there is a high demand for mechanical engineers in the US. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for mechanical engineers is projected to grow 4% from 2019 to 2029, which is about as fast as the average for all occupations.

4. What education is required to become a mechanical engineer in the US?

To become a mechanical engineer in the US, you typically need a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a related field. Some employers may also prefer or require a graduate degree in mechanical engineering.

5. What skills are important for a mechanical engineer to have in the US?

Some important skills for a mechanical engineer in the US include problem-solving, critical thinking, computer-aided design (CAD) software proficiency, strong mathematical and analytical skills, and the ability to work well in a team and communicate effectively.