Is Visiting a Psychology Major at UCLA Worth It?

In summary, yesterday the speaker spent the day visiting their favorite psychology major at UCLA, touring the campus, going to lunch, and meeting people in their dorm. They talked for an hour before the speaker left and found out some interesting things. The speaker had a good day and among other interesting things, learned that the major has rid herself of her ex and lingering issues related to him. The speaker is excited but trying to remain low-key about the news.
franznietzsche
I just spent all day yesterday visiting my favorite psychology major down at UCLA. Fun day. Toured the campus, went to lunch, met people in her dorm. Talked for an hour or so before i left. Found out some interesting things. Very good day.

Physics news on Phys.org
And did any of those interesting things include that she has rid herself of the ex and any lingering issues related to him? :wink:

Is this MIH you are talking about, or someone else? If so, how were her friends?

Moonbear said:
And did any of those interesting things include that she has rid herself of the ex and any lingering issues related to him? :wink:

Yes.

Among other interesting things. It was a good day.

franznietzsche said:
Yes.

Among other interesting things. It was a good day.

Woo hoo! :biggrin: :approve: I can't believe you're being so low key about it. :-p

Moonbear said:
Woo hoo! :biggrin: :approve: I can't believe you're being so low key about it. :-p

I'm not, its just that to describe everything as it happened in context would take forever. To describe everything out of context would make it sound weird. So I'm just enjoying the facts for myself and letting you know, things are good right now. Not great, but good.

Related to Is Visiting a Psychology Major at UCLA Worth It?

1. What is the curriculum like for the Psychology major at UCLA?

The Psychology major at UCLA covers a wide range of topics including cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, social psychology, and neuroscience. Students also have the opportunity to choose from a variety of electives to tailor their education to their specific interests.

2. What kind of research opportunities are available for Psychology majors at UCLA?

UCLA has a strong research focus, and Psychology majors have access to a variety of research opportunities both within the department and through other research centers on campus. Students can participate in research projects as research assistants or even conduct their own research under the guidance of a faculty mentor.

3. How competitive is the Psychology program at UCLA?

The Psychology major at UCLA is a highly competitive program, with a limited number of spots available each year. Admissions are based on a combination of academic performance, extracurricular activities, and personal statements. It is important to have a strong academic record and a well-rounded application to increase your chances of being accepted into the program.

4. Are there opportunities for internships or practical experience for Psychology majors at UCLA?

Yes, there are numerous opportunities for internships and practical experience for Psychology majors at UCLA. The department has partnerships with various organizations and companies that provide internship opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience in their field of interest.

5. What kind of career options are available for Psychology majors from UCLA?

A Psychology major from UCLA opens up a wide range of career options in fields such as mental health, education, research, and human resources. Many graduates also go on to pursue advanced degrees in psychology or related fields such as counseling, social work, or neuroscience.