Is the quest for balance and perfection a noble pursuit in today's society?

• Thread starter CuriousArv
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Search
In summary, the Buddha's quest was to find a way to end all suffering. His genius allowed him to find a solution.
CuriousArv
The Buddha's quest was
To find a way to end all suffering.

and his genius allowed him to find a solution.

What would be a noble quest to embark upon in today's day and age?

I can think of dealing with complexity and finding a way to be balanced despite
imperfections and limitedness.

but I really don't know. Any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
Become a ferryman..

Well, suffering hasn't ended yet, so you could start again there...

You could copy my neighbor and go on a quest for the chocolate covered cinnamon rolls in chainmail with a sword?

Yowhatsupt said:
You could copy my neighbor and go on a quest for the chocolate covered cinnamon rolls in chainmail with a sword?

Why would a chocolate covered cinnamon roll wear chainmail and have a sword?

CraigD, AMInstP
www.cymek.com

CraigD said:
Why would a chocolate covered cinnamon roll wear chainmail and have a sword?

CraigD, AMInstP
www.cymek.com

Sorry I left out the he went

how about a quest to find out what you want to do a quest in?

well but in that case you are already done with the quest so you can start another quest to find out what your next quest will be in... and the cycle continues.

To sound deep: people of noble cause do not find their cause; their cause finds them.

Basically, it's meaningless to look for a "noble cause".

Become a ferryman and listen to the river. I try to listen but all the river does is laugh.. The path of the illustrious one is a hard one my friend.

Last edited:
now that i am beginning to get old, i also thought recently about what to devote my remaining time to, that would be for good.

It seemed to me that a big improvement would occur in life in the US if we could achieve some form of gun control. this will be a very difficult battle, even though most people favor it because it is opposed both by the moneyed gun dealers, and the rural people who love guns and do not think about, or do not care about, the effect they have in crowded cities.

i have not yet taken any concrete steps in this battle.

Last edited:
You could find the graviton.

...or, if that doesn't work out, you could be a physics teacher.

arunma said:
...or, if that doesn't work out, you could be a physics teacher.

i think getting high school kids to focus and enjoy physics is tougher than getting any nobel prize :rolleyes:

Related to Is the quest for balance and perfection a noble pursuit in today's society?

What is a noble quest?

A noble quest is a pursuit or mission that is considered to be honorable, virtuous, or worthy of admiration. It often involves selfless actions and a desire to make a positive impact on others or the world.

Why do people go in search of a noble quest?

People may go in search of a noble quest for a variety of reasons. Some may feel a sense of purpose or fulfillment from helping others or making a positive impact. Others may be motivated by personal values or a desire for personal growth and self-improvement.

What are some examples of noble quests?

Some examples of noble quests include volunteering for a humanitarian organization, advocating for social justice causes, working towards environmental sustainability, or dedicating oneself to a career that helps others, such as healthcare or education.

How can someone find a noble quest?

Finding a noble quest can involve self-reflection and identifying one's personal values, interests, and skills. It can also involve researching and learning about various causes and organizations that align with these values and interests. Networking and connecting with others who are already involved in noble quests can also be helpful in finding opportunities.

What are some challenges of pursuing a noble quest?

Some challenges of pursuing a noble quest may include financial constraints, time management, and facing resistance or obstacles from others who may not share the same values or beliefs. It can also be emotionally taxing at times, as noble quests often involve tackling complex and difficult societal issues.