Ahmadinejad's speech at Durban II

• News
  • Thread starter superwolf
  • Start date
In summary, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad spoke at the Durban Review Conference on racism in Geneva, addressing the history of human sufferings and injustices, including the Medieval Ages, slavery, and colonialism. He criticized the UN Security Council and its veto power, which he believes is unjust and discriminatory. Ahmadinejad also spoke about the US invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, questioning their motives and the responsibility for the current global economic crisis. He accused the US and its allies of egocentrism and interference in other countries, and called for a more equitable international economic system.
AhmedEzz said:
But before we talk about a problem, we need to know what it is.
Sure. Those words plus all the others before worsen by the illusionary expectation that he may follow other in the positive direction. You can not trivialize the situation to one sentence.

Physics news on Phys.org

AhmedEzz said:
I suppose this is the part of the speech that all of you don't like and the underlined words are those particular words you are not in favor of, right? This is what caused the magnificent walk-out?

I just want to make sure that we are following each other here.

He took out holocaust denial 45 minutes before his speech. It could have been much worse :rolleyes:

humanino said:
Sure. Those words plus all the others before worsen by the illusionary expectation that he may follow other in the positive direction. You can not trivialize the situation to one sentence.

What do you think would make him follow that positive direction? Why does his criticism of Israel concern you? He said the Israeli regime is racist, cruel, repressive and has blood-stained hands, so what? And it is relevant because he was at an anti-racism conference and by mentioning that world's superpowers support (what he calls) a racist regime, he was actually making a point (that is of course, if his words were true).

I am sure that if my country was attacked like this, I would have been upset. But what Israel did, is doing, really makes me reluctant to condemn the words (not the person as I am in favor of Nejad or Iran).

mgb_phys said:
Stay (very white skin) = you are from a Scandinavian country that is trying to maintain an image of being fair balanced and impartial. You really don't get paid enough for sitting through this stuff and you should bring an iPod to connect to the translation headphones.

You tell yourself, yet again, they are mistranslation headphones.