Is Nuclear Fusion Really the Solution to Our Energy Needs?

• Thread starter Rx7man
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of obtaining energy from dense elements such as gold and lead, and questions the belief that organic living is a real concept. The conversation concludes by stating that posting nonsense to debunk is not allowed and the thread is closed.
Rx7man
< Nonsense link deleted by Mentors >

It seems to go on the premise that since it's dense, you can get energy from it... well, I guess gold and lead would be great sources as well then!
They say it's abundant, but that seems to be a crock as well.. wikipedia lists it as one of the rarest elements in the solar system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's a site that believes there is something called organic living. (As opposed to what?)

That tells me all I need to know.

Rx7man said:
< Nonsense link deleted by Mentors >

It seems to go on the premise that since it's dense, you can get energy from it... well, I guess gold and lead would be great sources as well then!
They say it's abundant, but that seems to be a crock as well.. wikipedia lists it as one of the rarest elements in the solar system.
Please do not post nonsense to debunk -- that's not allowed at the PF. Thread is closed.

Likes jim hardy and OmCheeto

Related to Is Nuclear Fusion Really the Solution to Our Energy Needs?

What does it mean when someone says "This sounds like bogus to me"?

When someone says "This sounds like bogus to me", they are expressing doubt or disbelief about the truth or validity of a statement, claim, or situation.

Is "bogus" a scientific term?

No, "bogus" is not a scientific term. It is a colloquial term used to describe something that is false, fake, or not genuine.

Why do people use the word "bogus" in scientific discussions?

People may use the word "bogus" in scientific discussions to express skepticism or doubt about a particular claim or theory. It is often used as a way to dismiss something as untrue or lacking evidence.

Can "bogus" be used in a scientific context?

While "bogus" is not a formal scientific term, it can be used in a scientific context to describe something that is not supported by evidence or is considered false or fraudulent.

How should scientists respond when someone says "This sounds like bogus to me"?

Scientists should respond by providing evidence and data to support their claims and address any doubts or concerns. It is important to have an open and respectful discussion, rather than dismissing someone's skepticism or criticism.