Is intelligence determined by popular vote?

• Thread starter s13ep
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation touched on the topic of intelligence and how it cannot be determined by votes. The original poster emphasized that intelligence is an adaptation of the mind, not a popularity contest. Some members of the conversation disagreed and voted that the original poster was not intelligent. The discussion also delved into the idea of being omniscient and how it relates to intelligence. The conversation ended with the original poster suggesting that the others were reducing the conversation to their own emotions and that they may resort to seeking moderation to support their views.
s13ep said:
There you go reducing the thread to a single perspective.

It's like saying "no-one understands you", it's truthfully 'the majority' and not 'no-one', but you are frustrated to become secure in your falsity.

It's like saying "no-one understands you", it's truthfully 'the majority' and not 'no-one', but you are frustrated to become secure in your falsity.

Physics news on Phys.org
s13ep said:

Nono, it's TWO perspectives: witty or not witty. The world is made out of dualities!

I'm going to leave you in your stupor while I do what's necessary to fix your mistakes (which I do quite well).

s13ep said:
I'm going to leave you in your stupor while I do what's necessary to fix your mistakes (which I do quite well).

You mean plant a bomb in a plane?

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
micromass said:
You mean plant a bomb in a plane?
For those who read this, his attitude is considered intellectual. It's his attitude that's considered the intellectual norm, and it's obviously a stupid, out-of-control attitude.

I'm out of this forum and onto another, see ya.

s13ep said:
For those who read this, his attitude is considered intellectual. It's his attitude that's considered the intellectual norm, and it's obviously a stupid, out-of-control attitude.

I'm out of this forum and onto another, see ya.

You said two times already that you would leave this forum! You're clearly not as omniscient as you claim to be!

"The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which relatively unskilled persons suffer illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than it really is." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

and

"Hanlon's razor is an aphorism expressed in various ways including "Don't assume bad intentions over neglect and misunderstanding", "Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice", and "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by carelessness". It recommends a way of eliminating unlikely explanations for a phenomenon (a philosophical razor)." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

Show's over folks, s13ep is obviously a very busy, very intelligent person who has to go away to fix things now that we, the dumb dumbs, couldn't possibly understand.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky, Borg, Doc Al and 2 others