Is Animal Testing Justifiable or Should We Seek Alternatives?

In summary: So, in the end, I guess it all comes down to how we feel about animals.In summary, most people are for animal testing, but they are against it if the animal suffers. Some people are for it and some are against it depending on the situation. Animal testing is generally accepted, but there are people who are against it even if the animal does not suffer.
noratmedicine said:
"That kind" of person you refer to is very common behind the closed doors of the animal lab, hidden film shows that lack of anaesthetic and people deriving pleasure from causing pain are not uncommon. I will leave this to the side though as supporters of animal experiments need this argument to be based on animal rights as when faced with a scientific/human health argument they have no valid response.

This was pretty much all I did happen to read that stood out at me and I'll just say that these forums are not the place to go around making these types of accusations. Go to a PETA forum or something, not here.

Biology news on Phys.org
Look, I don't mean to be insensitive but animals are not as important as humans. This is science, this is bettering drugs and medicines. This advancing technology and seeing what works. Plus, animal rights are an anti-evolutionary mechanism haha. But in all seriousness, and in a grand scheme of things, we are doing what we need to do to be a stronger race. Sure the little mouse is hurt when we shock it but so what. If that mouse was hungry and it could eat you, it would. Its just the way life is. Suck it up animal rights activists.

Edit: I realize I started off with "I don't mean to be insensitive" then ended it with "suck it up animal rights activists".

I say why not, we learn and learning is good!

iRaid said:
I say why not, we learn and learning is good!

Your response to pages of discourse, argument, and moral quandries is: "Why not?!"

Last edited by a moderator: