Is an Economics Forum the Next Frontier for Science Communication?

• Thread starter CPL.Luke
  • Start date
In summary, there is a suggestion to create a forum for economics as it is an increasingly important field of physics and there is a personal interest in the subject. However, some argue that there is not enough interest to justify a separate forum and that it may be more suitable to replace the word "Archaeology" with "Economics" on the Social Sciences forum label.
CPL.Luke
As econophysics is an increasingly important field of physics, and we have forums on other sciences how bout a forum on economics?

personally I've become increasingly interested in economics as a subject and I think that having a foru on economics would be a wonderful opbout the subportunity for people to learn a bit more about the subject.

Physics news on Phys.org
Seems as though there are too few threads on economics to justify a forum for it. But at present it looks like the word "Economics" on the Social Sciences forum label is truncated, which may make it harder to locate the proper forum.

superfluousmarlon

yeah I hadn't seen it there at all, I would venture to guess that if we created the forum as a separate section a lot more traffic would show up.

EDIT: why would such a forum be superfluous?

CPL.Luke said:
yeah I hadn't seen it there at all, I would venture to guess that if we created the forum as a separate section a lot more traffic would show up.

EDIT: why would such a forum be superfluous?

because this is a physics forum and CLEARLY there is not enough interest for this topic

CPL.Luke said:
I would venture to guess that if we created the forum as a separate section a lot more traffic would show up.
That's not how things work here at PF. Now forums get created if and when there is a clear demand for such a forum. At the present time, I would not say that there are enough threads to warrant a new forum for Economics.

I hoped no one missed my suggestion earlier. I propose we remove the word "Archaeology" and replace it with "Economics" since Archaeology is covered by the History and Humanities subforum.

Defennder said:
I hoped no one missed my suggestion earlier. I propose we remove the word "Archaeology" and replace it with "Economics" since Archaeology is covered by the History and Humanities subforum.

I've added the full word "economics" now

Right, now it's more visible.

Related to Is an Economics Forum the Next Frontier for Science Communication?

What is an economics forum?

An economics forum is a platform for discussions and debates related to economic issues. It is a space where individuals can share their ideas, perspectives, and knowledge about economics and its impact on society.

Who can participate in an economics forum?

Anyone with an interest in economics can participate in an economics forum. It is open to students, professionals, researchers, and individuals from all backgrounds who want to engage in discussions about economic topics.

What topics are typically discussed in an economics forum?

Topics discussed in an economics forum can vary but usually revolve around economic theories, policies, trends, and current events. Some common topics include macroeconomics, microeconomics, international trade, economic development, and financial markets.

Why is it important to have an economics forum?

An economics forum provides a space for individuals to learn, exchange ideas, and gain a deeper understanding of economic issues. It also allows for healthy debates and discussions, which can lead to new insights and perspectives on economic matters.

How can I participate in an economics forum?

You can participate in an economics forum by attending in-person events, joining online discussions and forums, or submitting your own articles or research for others to read and discuss. You can also contribute to the conversation by asking questions, sharing your opinions, and engaging in respectful debates with other participants.