Is a Brain-to-Computer Interface Possible? Join Me in My Journey to Find Out!

In summary, a brain-to-computer interface (BCI) is a technology that allows for direct communication between the human brain and a computer, bypassing the need for physical input devices. While the concept of BCI has been explored for decades, recent advancements in neuroscience and technology have made it a promising possibility. However, the development of a fully functional BCI is still a complex and ongoing process, requiring interdisciplinary research and collaboration. Join me in my journey as I explore the current state of BCI technology and its potential for transforming human-computer interaction.
ChadThePianist
My name is Chad and I am a senior level undergraduate Electrical Engineering major. I have an interest in physics as well and am doing undergraduate research currently on semiconductor materials that can convert beta particles into electrical energy. I am knowledgeable in the area of EM waves and antennas. I also have been taking a few upper level electives in computer engineering. Wireless communications is an area I have a good basic understanding and grasp of. This is an area I can provide information to other members in. Lastly, I have a dream of building my own brain to computer interface and any help or brainstorming in the future I could receive for such a project would be much appreciated. All the best to you.

~ Chad

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
ChadThePianist said:
...dream of building my own brain to computer interface...

Hmm... That sounds intriguingly ambitious.

:welcome: