Investigating InstinctiveNavigation: Is It Legit?

• Thread starter ElliotSmith
  • Start date
In summary, someone close to the model linked you to the portfolio, but the website provided in the link does not seem to work. It may be back online sometime in the future, but it's unclear.
ElliotSmith
I'm looking for certain photographs, and I was linked to this mysterious website and told that I would find what I'm looking for there.

But I'm not sure if I was deliberately given a phony link, this website is of questionable legitimacy. Could someone look into this website and verify it's legitimacy or tell me if it's just a dead end that was given to confuse and misdirect me?

It has said "sorry, we're over capacity" for several weeks now, which leads me to believe that "instinctivenavigation" is not a real website.

This appears to be some sort under construction landing page, but I can't be entirely sure.

Will this website be back online at the time in the future?

http://instinctivenavigation.com

Does the above link seem legit to you?

Physics news on Phys.org
The URL under the link you provided links to what looks like a specific user port folio. Nonetheless, the instinctivenavigation.com link does the same thing as you describe.

Googling 'instinctive navigation' shows a single hit.

whois.com turns up a few deets:
https://who.is/whois/instinctivenavigation.com

They have some more in-depth info, here:
https://who.godaddy.com/whoisstd.aspx?domain=instinctivenavigation.com&prog_id=GoDaddy&k=ygvBukgDBhvMQvVjbkbFpehb77RIh2dx9EC8jG6IG+ZjHw4%2f%2fj5wTaRHXs8iq55dzHHjar4HEOc%3d

No reason to suspect weirdness, probably someone registered the name and haven't built it yet.

I think the key question here is: who pointed you at this URL, and why?

DaveC426913 said:
The URL under the link you provided links to what looks like a specific user port folio. Nonetheless, the instinctivenavigation.com link does the same thing as you describe.

Googling 'instinctive navigation' shows a single hit.

whois.com turns up a few deets:
https://who.is/whois/instinctivenavigation.com

They have some more in-depth info, here:
https://who.godaddy.com/whoisstd.aspx?domain=instinctivenavigation.com&prog_id=GoDaddy&k=ygvBukgDBhvMQvVjbkbFpehb77RIh2dx9EC8jG6IG+ZjHw4%2f%2fj5wTaRHXs8iq55dzHHjar4HEOc%3d

No reason to suspect weirdness, probably someone registered the name and haven't built it yet.

I think the key question here is: who pointed you at this URL, and why?

I work as a professional photographer in the fashion/modeling industry and I'm looking for a specific model's portfolio because I am interested in working with her.

Someone closely associated with that model linked me to her portfolio and told me that's where she used to keep it, but the website provided to me in the link doesn't seem to work, at least not for now.

Do you think it will be back online sometime in the future? Or will it just say "we're over capacity" indefinitely?

Last edited:
Doesn't someone "closely associated" with her know the name of her agent?

ElliotSmith said:
I work as a professional photographer in the fashion/modeling industry and I'm looking for a specific model's portfolio because I am interested in working with her.

Someone closely associated with that model linked me to her portfolio and told me that's where she used to keep it, but the website provided to me in the link doesn't seem to work, at least not for now.

Do you think it will be back online sometime in the future? Or will it just say "we're over capacity" indefinitely?

How would we know if the owner of that site plans on putting it back online sometime in the future? The message on the page indicates that it will be back, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Our guess is as good as yours.

And why would you not contact whomever is "closely associated with that model" to find out more information. The site that was given to you is obviously not functional at this time.

Last edited:
ElliotSmith said:

Oh. It's not the website you're interested in, it's that model.

ElliotSmith said:
No way to know.

I wouldn't hold my breath. The ways this would be a permanent state far outnumber the ways this would change in the near future.

The person who gave me that link is a rival photographer of mine and we have a very bad and shaky relationship.

I wonder if I was intentionally given bum info.

ElliotSmith said:
The person who gave me that link is a rival photographer of mine and we have a very bad and shaky relationship.

I wonder if I was intentionally given bum info.

You may have been given bum info in that the model may now be using some OTHER URL and your rival knows that but gave you the old one on purpose.

phinds said:
You may have been given bum info in that the model may now be using some OTHER URL and your rival knows that but gave you the old one on purpose.

I am just hoping that "instinctivenavigation" will start working again.

Checking the IP address of that website says that it's been around since 2012.

Surely, for a professional photographer such as yourself, there are more direct routes to connecting with a model, or model's agent, to inquire about working with them.

If this dead site is your only link to her, perhaps it's time to refresh your networking contacts so you can get introduced to her properly.Actually, re-reading your OP, you say you are "looking for certain photographs". Do you want to work with this model, or are you merely looking to get hold of some existing pictures of her that are of some special interest to you? As I said, surely there are more industry-standard ways to contact people professionally.

(I have a friend who told me she was a Victoria's Secret model many years ago. I'm intrigued to see her in such a different light, but have not tracked her port folio down. Then again, if she wanted me to see those old pics, she would have showed them to me herself.)

Last edited:

Related to Investigating InstinctiveNavigation: Is It Legit?

1. What is instinctive navigation?

Instinctive navigation is the ability of animals to find their way in their environment without the use of external cues, such as landmarks or maps.

2. Is instinctive navigation a legitimate phenomenon?

There is ongoing debate among scientists about the legitimacy of instinctive navigation. Some studies have shown evidence of animals using innate cues to navigate, while others argue that animals may be using other sensory information that is not yet fully understood.

3. How do animals use instinctive navigation?

Animals use a variety of sensory cues, such as the Earth's magnetic field, the position of the sun, and the scent of their own species, to navigate. Some animals also have specialized organs, such as the homing pigeon's magnetoreceptors, to help them navigate.

4. Can humans use instinctive navigation?

It is not yet clear if humans have the ability to use instinctive navigation. Some studies suggest that humans may have a limited sense of direction, but it is not as developed as in other animals. Further research is needed to determine the extent of human instinctive navigation abilities.

5. What are the potential benefits of studying instinctive navigation?

Studying instinctive navigation can help us better understand the abilities and limitations of animals, as well as the mechanisms behind their navigation. This knowledge can also have practical applications, such as developing new navigation technologies or improving our understanding of animal behavior.