I hate these welcome posts I'm new, I guess I must

• Thread starter Nick-stg
  • Start date
In summary, many people express frustration with welcome posts on online forums or communities, especially when they are new and unfamiliar with the platform. Some may feel pressured to introduce themselves or find it repetitive and unnecessary. However, these posts can also serve as a way for new members to feel welcomed and connect with others. Ultimately, the sentiment towards welcome posts may vary, but they continue to be a common practice in online communities.
Nick-stg
How did you find PF?
Not sure, I've be searching a lot of physics related stuff lately and came across this site along the way.
Hello all,

My name is Nick, I 'm new here. I am web developer / want to be data scientist, Pythonista. I have no formal Physics training, just a general interest. I am also a beginner amateur astronomer, audiophile, endurance athlete. So that's me.

Not sure how much I can contribute, but I certainly hope to learn something.

Full disclosure, one of my motivations is that I started a physics based website (online tool) and I am looking to get some input. So not sure how to do that here, my intention is not to spam the forums and drop links. So I'll lurk around, contribute if I can and see how it goes.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome: :cool:

Thank you

Hello Nick and welcome to the form :smile:

Likes Nick-stg