Introduction to Perturbative Quantum Field Theory - Comments

In summary: The link (web) to Schenkel in...Fatih Schenkel's paper "A New Approach to the Renormalization Group" (arXiv:quant-ph/0211065).
[URL='https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/author/urs-schreiber/']Urs Schreiber[/URL] said:
With Greg we are looking for a solution now. A technically simple solution would be to simply include that webpage inside an "iframe" within the PF-Insights article. But maybe this won't be well received with the readership here? If anyone with experience in such matters has a suggestion, please let me know.
Did you found a solution ? if not, I can try. What or where are exactly a typical input and a typical output ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Leo1233783 said:
Did you find a solution ?

No, I didn't.

Leo1233783 said:
if not, I can try.

That would be great!

Leo1233783 said:
What or where are exactly a typical input and a typical output ?

Okay, my input source is here .

The output format that is needed for PF-Insights is mainly standard HTML, except for the maths formulas.

For the maths formulas
  1. single dollar sign delimiters in my source need to be turned into double hash delimiters
  2. backslash followed by "hookrightarrow" in my source needs to be turned into plain "rightarrow" (because the hookrightarrows come out as strange graphics otherwise - alternatively if you know how to generate a decent hookrightarrow here, that would be welcome).
For the text decoration:
  1. underscore delimiter needs to be turned into the HTLML "em"-tag environment
  2. star delimiter needs to be turned into the HTML "strong"-tag environment
For the hyperlinks:
  1. In my source a string "some text" inside double square brackets wants to become a hyperlink to "https://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/some+text".
  2. Alternatively I have single square brackets around "some text" followed by "page#anchor" in round brackets, and this wants to be turned into "some text" equipped with a hyperlink to "https://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/page#anchor".
Other markup I use could just be stripped off. For instance
  1. I use environments for automatically numbered Definitions/Propositions/Proofs. Of course it would be great to automatically turn them into something saying "Definition" or "Proposition" etc. but to first approximation just discarding that environment code would work.
  2. Similarly I have a handful of tables in the code, in some probably self-explanatory encoding. In principle these could be turned into HTML-tables, but to first approximation we could just discard them.
Please let me know if this is information that you can use. Otherwise I'll be happy to try to say more.

Thanks again for looking into this!

Data received. A simple line transformer will be probably enough and extensible. Else I have other solutions. I'll come back to you in a private message :)

Likes Greg Bernhardt and Urs Schreiber
To everyone:

The terrific Leo1233783 above (who seems to like to remain anonymous) has now provided tremendous help with converting my source to PF-Insights format. A million thanks for that!

This way we are finally set for the series on QFT to begin:

A First Idea of Quantum Field Theory – 20 Part Series

So far that page has just a few lead-in words and then a table of contents. In the next days and weeks, each chapter in that table of contents will appear as a separate PF-Insights article, and will be hyperlinked from that page.

Likes vanhees71, dextercioby and Greg Bernhardt