Integration of (cosecx)^3 without using integration by parts

In summary, integration by parts is a technique used in calculus to simplify the evaluation of integrals of products of functions. It can be time consuming and may require multiple steps. To integrate (cosecx)^3 without using integration by parts, the standard method is to use trigonometric identities and a substitution. It is not possible to integrate (cosecx)^3 without using trigonometric identities. Other techniques, such as partial fractions or trigonometric substitution, may also require the use of trigonometric identities.
kashan123999

Homework Statement

Can anyone help me integrating (cosecx)^3 without using integration by parts?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

i couldn't get a clue how to do it,i used fundamental identity but always ended up like

[∫(cosecx) dx] + [(∫(cotx)^2 . (cosecx) dx]

the left one will be simply reciprocal rule,but what about [(∫(cotx)^2 . (cosecx) dx] ??

Physics news on Phys.org
hi kashan123999! :smile:

trig substitution? :wink:

Likes 1 person
tiny-tim said:
hi kashan123999! :smile:

trig substitution? :wink:

o hello sir hope you are doing good :) ahan i will try :)

Related to Integration of (cosecx)^3 without using integration by parts

1. What is integration by parts?

Integration by parts is a technique used in calculus to evaluate integrals of products of functions. It involves rewriting the integral in a different form so that it can be evaluated more easily.

2. Why would I want to integrate (cosecx)^3 without using integration by parts?

Using integration by parts can be time consuming and may require multiple steps. Integrating (cosecx)^3 without using integration by parts can save time and make the process simpler.

3. What is the standard method for integrating (cosecx)^3 without using integration by parts?

The standard method for integrating (cosecx)^3 without using integration by parts is to use trigonometric identities to rewrite the expression in terms of cosec and cot functions, and then use a substitution to simplify the integral.

4. Is it possible to integrate (cosecx)^3 without using any trigonometric identities?

No, using trigonometric identities is necessary to integrate (cosecx)^3 without using integration by parts. These identities allow us to manipulate the expression and make the integration process easier.

5. Are there any other techniques for integrating (cosecx)^3 without using integration by parts?

Yes, there are other techniques such as using partial fractions or a trigonometric substitution. However, these methods may also require the use of trigonometric identities, making them similar to the standard method.