Insomniacs Unite: Join the Community

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
In summary, a group of insomniacs are discussing their sleep schedules and upcoming events. One member is from British Columbia and works night shifts, while another is preparing for a scavenger hunt during their university's Engineering Week. They also mention the stereotype of engineering students being wild partygoers, but one member clarifies that they do not fit this stereotype.
Smurf
Insomniacs Unite!

...again...

Physics news on Phys.org
You really should go to bed. It is late in BC.

I work graveyard, so this is my normal schedule, If I go to sleep to early it messes up my sleep cycle. I may call it a night pretty soon. Should stay up till at least 4am but have some stuff to do tomorrow so may get up a bit early.

I know, I have to go out at noon tomorr.. today too. And have school on monday.. damn.

Yup, I'm up too...and I'm just screwing myself up for tomorrow. :approve: . And it IS late here in BC. 2:13am to be precise. But, is it not even later (or earlier for those out east) for anyone else in any other N. American time zone who is awake right now? :-p

Yay cepheid, I didn't know you were a BCer!

yup. That's the good news. The bad news is that I'm actually going to call it a night! Keep resurrecting the insomniac thread though. For instance, next week is E-week (Engineering Week, for all us hooligans* and our antics at UBC). We're kicking it off tomorrow night with skulk night**, which is like this massive scavenger hunt from 12am to 8am. So, the point of this story is that I'm gradually being converted into a nocturnal creature and will frequent the insomniac thread from time to time.

* No, I am not one of those drunken maniacs who runs around in the hallmark "UBC Engineers" red jackets. I don't even drink! Some engineering student I am, huh?

** I don't know if this is such a good idea on a school night. No, scratch that, it's definitely not! :smile:

:zzz:

cepheid said:
* No, I am not one of those drunken maniacs who runs around in the hallmark "UBC Engineers" red jackets. I don't even drink! Some engineering student I am, huh?
Ok! Ok! we get it, all you had to do was say "I'm not franz"

Related to Insomniacs Unite: Join the Community

What is "Insomniacs Unite: Join the Community"?

"Insomniacs Unite: Join the Community" is a support group and online community for individuals who struggle with insomnia. It provides a safe space for members to connect, share their experiences, and find resources to help them cope with their condition.

Who can join "Insomniacs Unite: Join the Community"?

Anyone who is experiencing insomnia or has a loved one with insomnia is welcome to join the community. It is open to people of all ages, genders, and backgrounds.

How can I join "Insomniacs Unite: Join the Community"?

You can join the community by signing up on our website or through our social media platforms. We also have in-person meetings and events for members to attend.

What resources are available through "Insomniacs Unite: Join the Community"?

The community offers a variety of resources to help members manage their insomnia, including tips for improving sleep hygiene, relaxation techniques, and support from other members who understand what they are going through. We also have partnerships with healthcare professionals to provide additional support and information.

Is "Insomniacs Unite: Join the Community" a substitute for medical treatment?

No, "Insomniacs Unite: Join the Community" is not a substitute for medical treatment. We encourage our members to seek professional help for their insomnia and use our community as a supplemental support system. Our goal is to provide a safe and understanding space for individuals to connect and share their experiences, but we do not provide medical advice or treatment.