I'm stuck between two careers what do i do?

In summary, the conversation was about a person who is struggling to choose between two seemingly opposite careers - quantum physics and zoology. They love both subjects and are not concerned about money. The expert advises not to worry about careers at such a young age and suggests focusing on learning about whatever interests them. They also mention that it is too early to be worrying about careers and that most people don't have a clear idea until their first few years of college.
Gravitons
Like i said above in the title, i can't choose from two careers, which are almost opposite from each other, quantum physics, and zoology. In my early years i enjoyed zoology and animals, but as i got older i shifted into quantum physics, i enjoy both very much, I'm not concerned about money. I love nature and animals and want to see the world and love the Earth and what it has for us i don't want to miss any of it. But i love to learn physics its so interesting to me, and i know that it is becoming an increasingly important topic, and i could possibly discover great things. I can't choose! What do I do?

Physics news on Phys.org
Quantum physics isn't a career, at what stage of your education are you at right now?

I mean the general subject, how about theoretical physicist.

It sounds like you're still in grade school. Don't worry about careers yet. Just learn as much as you can about whatever interests you.

- Warren

So should i learn about both subjects isn't that kinda overload of information, and what about when i get to college, i can't have two majors, well you can, but what will that do i can;t have two careers. \
And just as a side note, are you like the only person on this whole forum, not to be mean, cause your answering all of my posts, but thank you for contributing.

It's too early for you to be worried about careers.

There are tens of thousands of people on this site. You just asked 10 questions in 10 minutes, and I happen to be on the site at the moment.

- Warren

Gravitons said:
So should i learn about both subjects isn't that kinda overload of information, and what about when i get to college, i can't have two majors, well you can, but what will that do i can;t have two careers. \
And just as a side note, are you like the only person on this whole forum, not to be mean, cause your answering all of my posts, but thank you for contributing.

As Chroot said, you sound way way too young to be worrying about this. Most people don't have realistic ideas about their career paths until their first couple years of college. Also knowing what career you want to be in at this point is meaningless since you're not going to be having to choose between different classes anytime soon I am sure.

Related to I'm stuck between two careers what do i do?

1. How do I determine which career path is the best fit for me?

The first step is to thoroughly research both careers and consider your personal interests, skills, and values. You can also speak with professionals in each field and consider job shadowing or internships to gain hands-on experience. It may also be helpful to make a list of pros and cons for each career option.

2. Should I follow my passion or choose the more practical career option?

This is a personal decision that ultimately depends on your priorities and goals. Following your passion can bring long-term fulfillment, but choosing a more practical career may provide stability and financial security. Consider what is most important to you and weigh the pros and cons of each option.

3. Is it possible to pursue both careers simultaneously?

While it may be possible to balance two careers, it can be challenging and may not be sustainable in the long run. It's important to consider the time and energy required for each career and whether you have the resources to pursue both effectively.

4. What if I have already invested time and resources into one career but now want to switch?

It's never too late to make a career change. Your previous experiences and skills can still be valuable in a new career, and you can always continue learning and gaining new skills. Consider seeking guidance from a career counselor or mentor to help you navigate the transition.

5. How can I be sure I won't regret my decision in the future?

It's normal to have doubts and uncertainties when making a big decision like choosing a career path. However, try to focus on the present and make a decision based on the information and resources available to you now. Keep in mind that career paths can change and evolve over time, and it's important to be open to new opportunities and experiences.