Im really stuck on this basic formula

In summary, a basic formula in science is a mathematical equation that describes a relationship between variables or quantities. To understand and apply it, you need a clear understanding of the variables and their units of measurement. The same formula can be used for different situations depending on its context and assumptions. If you get stuck, try breaking it down and seeking help. Basic formulas are important in science for making predictions and understanding relationships, as well as providing a systematic approach to problem-solving and data analysis.
kaye77
what do i do to p and c to get z when

z=pc

please help i know its prob dumb but i am so stuck.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
what is z, p, and c

acoustic impedance z
density p
speed of sound c

the speed of sound is 330 ms-1
density is 1.3 kg m-3
i need to know what to do with density and spped of sound to get acoustic impendance i know the answer is 0.00043 kg m -2 s-1 x10 but i do not know how to work out the formula?

z=pc means z=p times c.

thankyou

Related to Im really stuck on this basic formula

1. What is a basic formula in science?

A basic formula in science is a mathematical equation that describes a relationship between different variables or quantities. It is used to calculate or predict a certain outcome or phenomenon.

2. How do I understand and apply a basic formula?

To understand and apply a basic formula, you will need to have a clear understanding of the variables involved and their units of measurement. You can then plug in the values and follow the order of operations to solve for the desired quantity.

3. Can I use the same basic formula for different situations?

It depends on the formula and the variables involved. Some formulas are general and can be used for various scenarios, while others may be specific to certain situations. It is important to understand the context and assumptions of the formula before using it.

4. What should I do if I am stuck on a basic formula?

If you are stuck on a basic formula, try breaking it down into smaller parts and understanding each step. You can also seek help from a teacher, tutor, or fellow scientist to clarify any confusion. Practice and repetition can also improve your understanding of the formula.

5. Why are basic formulas important in science?

Basic formulas are important in science because they allow us to make quantitative predictions and understand the relationships between different variables. They also provide a standardized and systematic approach to problem-solving and data analysis.