I want to make put a control package on a R/C plane

In summary, the conversation is about building a flying wing R/C and finding a good R/C site or control site for tips and advice. A possible solution is to look into "Make" magazine's article on the topic, which suggests using micro-gyros and a small PIC controller for stability augmentation.
aerojunkie
Any good tips or sites where to get started?

I was thinking of making a flying wing R/C and want to put a stability augmentation system on it to keep it stable.

Anyone recommend a good R/C site, control site?

thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
aerojunkie said:
Any good tips or sites where to get started?

I was thinking of making a flying wing R/C and want to put a stability augmentation system on it to keep it stable.

Anyone recommend a good R/C site, control site?

thanks

http://www.diydrones.com/

"Make" magazine did an article on this not too long ago. Might see if I can find it tonight. In general you're going to wind up putting some micro-gyros and a small PIC controller on the fuselage.

Related to I want to make put a control package on a R/C plane

1. How do I choose the right control package for my R/C plane?

Choosing the right control package for your R/C plane depends on several factors, including the size and weight of your plane, as well as your flying experience. It is important to research and compare different control packages to find one that best suits your specific needs and budget.

2. Can I install a control package on any R/C plane?

Yes, you can install a control package on any R/C plane as long as it is compatible with the plane's size and weight. However, some modifications may be required for certain planes, so it is important to carefully read the instructions provided with the control package.

3. Do I need any special tools to install a control package on my R/C plane?

Most control packages come with all the necessary tools and hardware for installation, but it is always a good idea to have a basic set of tools on hand just in case. These may include screwdrivers, pliers, and wire cutters.

4. Can I control multiple R/C planes with one control package?

Some advanced control packages allow for multiple planes to be controlled with one transmitter. However, this is not a common feature and most control packages are designed for use with one specific plane. It is important to check the specifications of the control package to determine if it is compatible with multiple planes.

5. How do I troubleshoot any issues with my control package?

If you experience any issues with your control package, the first step is to consult the user manual for troubleshooting tips. If the issue persists, you may need to seek assistance from the manufacturer or a professional in the R/C community. It is always important to follow proper maintenance and care instructions to prevent any potential issues with your control package.