I want to invent something like Facebook

In summary, if you want to become a successful computer engineer and potentially invent the next big thing like Facebook, it is important to not only have a strong foundation in computer science and programming, but also to have the drive and determination to continuously learn and improve on your own. Formal education can provide the necessary qualifications, but it is ultimately up to the individual to put in the effort and take risks in order to achieve success.
sukalp
When we finish and go to university for studying computer engineering while we do courses like b tech

after studies we need to search for a job or through campus replacement in university we get job .

next thing i wanted to ask is i want to invent something like facebook made by mark zukenberg so what courses i need to do in undergraduation in computer science field.

Physics news on Phys.org
A) Learn better English
B) Have a billion dollar idea

Likes CalcNerd
You can't take a course that will tell you how to develop a billion dollar idea. If professors knew how to do this, they'd be too busy doing it.

It may also be relevant to point out that Zuckerberg actually dropped out of Harvard. That's not to say that formal education isn't important. But it's not the be all and end all determinant of your career trajectory. Zuckerberg was a very skilled programmer to begin with. This was because he developed lots of experience on his own. It probably didn't hurt that his parents were able to hire a private programming tutor for him. But then it wasn't like he just came up with Facebook overnight. He had started a number of different websites prior to that. Facebook was the one that took off massively.

So if you're interested in software development or programming - start doing it. You can take courses to teach you the details that you need, and give you the formal qualifications to get into the industry. In a way, it's kind of like running a marathon. You can take a course and someone can teach you all the little details to improve your stride and strike frequency, strategies to fuel your body, etc. But you only cross the finish line by starting the race in the first place.

Likes CalcNerd and symbolipoint
First step is to research the heck out of Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook. I mean read everything on the subject. Find out how he became who he was/is and how Facebook became what it is. Have you done that?

Choppy said:
You can't take a course that will tell you how to develop a billion dollar idea. If professors knew how to do this, they'd be too busy doing it.

It may also be relevant to point out that Zuckerberg actually dropped out of Harvard. That's not to say that formal education isn't important. But it's not the be all and end all determinant of your career trajectory. Zuckerberg was a very skilled programmer to begin with. This was because he developed lots of experience on his own. It probably didn't hurt that his parents were able to hire a private programming tutor for him. But then it wasn't like he just came up with Facebook overnight. He had started a number of different websites prior to that. Facebook was the one that took off massively.

So if you're interested in software development or programming - start doing it. You can take courses to teach you the details that you need, and give you the formal qualifications to get into the industry. In a way, it's kind of like running a marathon. You can take a course and someone can teach you all the little details to improve your stride and strike frequency, strategies to fuel your body, etc. But you only cross the finish line by starting the race in the first place.
thank you

Greg Bernhardt said:
First step is to research the heck out of Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook. I mean read everything on the subject. Find out how he became who he was/is and how Facebook became what it is. Have you done that?
thanks you

Vanadium 50 said:
A) Learn better English
thank you

OmCheeto said:
Interesting story at Forbes as to how and why Facebook beat MySpace:

I always wondered how that happened.
thanks

Vanadium 50 said:
A) Learn better English
C) Profit!
Fixed it for you...

sukalp said:
i want to invent something like facebook ...
You and several million other people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to I want to invent something like Facebook

1. How do I come up with an idea for a social media platform like Facebook?

Brainstorming and identifying a gap in the market are great ways to come up with ideas. Think about what features or services are missing in existing social media platforms and how you can improve upon them. You can also conduct market research to understand what people are looking for in a social media platform.

2. What skills do I need to have to invent something like Facebook?

To invent a social media platform like Facebook, you need to have a strong understanding of coding and web development. You should also have knowledge of user experience design and marketing. Additionally, having strong communication and problem-solving skills can also be beneficial.

3. How can I protect my idea for a social media platform like Facebook?

To protect your idea, you can file for a patent, trademark, or copyright. It is also important to keep your idea confidential and only share it with trusted individuals. Consider consulting with a lawyer to understand the legal steps you can take to protect your idea.

4. How much money and time does it take to invent something like Facebook?

The amount of money and time required to invent a social media platform like Facebook can vary greatly. It depends on factors such as the complexity of the platform, the features you want to include, and the resources you have available. It is important to have a clear budget and timeline in place before starting the invention process.

5. How do I get people to use my social media platform like Facebook?

Marketing and advertising are crucial in getting people to use your social media platform. You can also consider reaching out to influencers or partnering with other businesses to promote your platform. Additionally, continuously improving and updating your platform based on user feedback can help attract and retain users.