I want to become weapon engineer, but i am not american

• Studying
  • Thread starter Joose
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Engineer
In summary: However, if you are most interested in weapons, then mechanical engineering would be a good choice for a major. You could then take additional classes in areas such as electrical engineering, materials science, and aeronautical engineering to supplement your knowledge and skills.While it is true that Finland may not have as many opportunities for weapons development as other countries, there are still defense companies and research institutions in your country that may have positions available for weapon designers. Additionally, with advancements in technology and the globalization of the defense industry, it is possible to work for companies in other countries as well. Do not let your nationality limit your aspirations. With hard work and dedication, you can achieve your goal of becoming a weapons engineer.
Joose
Since when I was in army, i have been fascinated by weapons , the way work, how they are build, how they are designed. So I would like to be weapons designer. What should I major?

Also I am Finnish. As far as I know there aren't any weapons development in Finland. Are all my hopes to become weapon engineer washed away because of my nationality?

Physics news on Phys.org
Joose said:
Since when I was in army, i have been fascinated by weapons , the way work, how they are build, how they are designed. So I would like to be weapons designer. What should I major?

Also I am Finnish. As far as I know there aren't any weapons development in Finland. Are all my hopes to become weapon engineer washed away because of my nationality?
Welcome to the PF.

Mechanical Engineering (ME) would be a good first choice. You should add in some electrical engineering (EE) classes and Aeronautical Engineering (AE) classes too, IMO. Will you probably join the Finnish military before going to university? :smile:

Joose said:

One may wish to do a search on Finnish defense companies, e.g., Nammo, Sako, or Patria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAKO
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patria_(company)

As berkeman indicated, there are a variety of scientific and technical disciplines that play a role in military systems.

Related to I want to become weapon engineer, but i am not american

1. What qualifications do I need to become a weapon engineer?

To become a weapon engineer, you will typically need to have at least a bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or materials science. Some employers may also require a master's degree or specialized training in weapons technology. Additionally, having experience in computer-aided design (CAD) software and programming languages may be beneficial.

2. Will being a non-American affect my chances of becoming a weapon engineer?

While being an American citizen may be a requirement for certain government or military positions, many private companies and international organizations also hire non-Americans for weapon engineering roles. Your qualifications, skills, and experience will be the primary factors in determining your suitability for the job.

3. Can I still work with American weapon technology if I am not American?

Yes, as a non-American weapon engineer, you may still have the opportunity to work with American weapon technology. Many companies collaborate and share technology across borders, and international organizations also hire weapon engineers from various backgrounds to work on projects.

4. Are there any specific challenges for non-American weapon engineers?

Some challenges that non-American weapon engineers may face include obtaining security clearance for sensitive projects, navigating different regulations and laws in different countries, and potential language barriers in certain work environments. However, with proper preparation and adaptation, these challenges can be overcome.

5. Are there any advantages to being a non-American weapon engineer?

Yes, being a non-American weapon engineer can bring unique perspectives and experiences to the field. You may also have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects and collaborate with professionals from different backgrounds, which can lead to personal and professional growth.