I need suggestions for my Physics extended essay

In summary, the speaker is an IB student in grade 11 seeking suggestions for their extended essay on physics. They are interested in doing something related to communications or electrical engineering, as they plan to pursue this field in university. They welcome any suggestions and can be contacted via email. They also mention their interest in EE, specifically in robots and programming, but admit to not knowing much about it.
dyzoka
I am an IB student and in grade 11 and I really need some suggestions for my extended essay on physics. I want to do something that is relevant to 'communications' or something to do with Electrical Engineering, because that is what i want to do when I go into University, so it will help a lot if i write a report that has something to do with Electrical Engineering. So please if you have any suggestions please tell me. Thank you very much.

If you have any ideas, can also send emails to me thank you.

My email address is: sleepin_wind@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
What interests you about EE?

like robots, programming, something like that...but don't know much about EE

Related to I need suggestions for my Physics extended essay

1. What is an extended essay in Physics?

An extended essay in Physics is an independent research project that students in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program are required to complete. It involves choosing a topic within the scope of physics, conducting experiments and collecting data, and writing a 4000-word essay discussing the findings and implications of the research.

2. How do I choose a topic for my Physics extended essay?

To choose a topic for your Physics extended essay, you should consider your interests, strengths, and available resources. It is important to choose a topic that is specific, manageable, and has potential for experimentation. You can also seek guidance from your supervisor and consult with other scientists or experts in the field for suggestions.

3. What are some examples of Physics extended essay topics?

Some examples of Physics extended essay topics include investigating the relationship between temperature and the viscosity of fluids, analyzing the efficiency of solar panels, researching the effects of varying magnetic fields on plant growth, and examining the physics behind musical instruments. These are just a few ideas, and there are countless other topics that you can explore for your extended essay.

4. How do I conduct experiments for my Physics extended essay?

Conducting experiments for your Physics extended essay requires careful planning and adherence to ethical guidelines. You should identify your independent and dependent variables, design a procedure, and gather necessary equipment and materials. It is crucial to record accurate data and perform multiple trials to ensure reliable results. You should also consider safety precautions and obtain necessary approvals before conducting any experiments.

5. What are the key components of a successful Physics extended essay?

A successful Physics extended essay should have a clear research question, a well-structured and coherent argument, and a thorough analysis of data and findings. It should also demonstrate critical thinking, scientific reasoning, and effective communication skills. Additionally, your essay should adhere to the format and guidelines set by the IB program and showcase your understanding of key concepts and theories in physics.