I need something translated Viet to English

• Thread starter rocomath
  • Start date
  • Tags
    English
In summary, the hand gesture is a humorous way of saying "dumb me". The words don't appear to be song lyrics, but they might be. The translation was not possible without the proper accents.
rocomath
Any takers? I need it to be someone who I have no ties with ;)

Physics news on Phys.org
Post it. I'll translate it anonymously.

Why would it matter if you had ties with your translator?

jimmysnyder said:
Post it. I'll translate it anonymously.
Thanks! PMed you the message.

tribdog said:
Why would it matter if you had ties with your translator?
Quit being nosy, though I'm being nosy myself :p

rocophysics said:
Quit being nosy, though I'm being nosy myself :p
Can you translate this hand gesture I'm giving you right now?

Miiyong chippi-chippi dang-dang. Oops, other way around, I think..dumb me.

arildno said:
Miiyong chippi-chippi dang-dang. Oops, other way around, I think..dumb me.
Lol, humorous rather than an ass like tribdog :p

how were you being nosy yourself?

It was all Greek to me, so I passed it on to a colleague of mine with whom I have no ties. He said he couldn't be sure without better accent marks. Are you able to provide these? He also said that he thinks the words are song lyrics.

rocophysics said:
Lol, humorous rather than an ass like tribdog :p

I'm never an ass on purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
CaptainQuasar said:
Also, here's an http://vdict.com/?autotranslation", but it also requires the proper accents to be in place.
I tried that, was a bit confusing putting it all together, and also, they didn't use accents :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I have pm'ed the translation. I had assumed that when the thing was translated, I would know why you could not have any ties with the translator. I was disappointed. Call it nosy if you will, but to me it is a matter of natural curiosity made all the more piquant by the insapidity of the message.

Hey jmmysnyder, I appreciate your help! Well it was a public post on facebook, so it wasn't something private. I just didn't want to ask my friend what it meant :p The post is stupid though, haha.

Related to I need something translated Viet to English

What does it mean to translate from Viet to English?

Translation is the process of converting written or spoken words from one language to another, in this case from Vietnamese (Viet) to English. It involves understanding the meaning and context of the original text and accurately conveying it in the target language.

Why do I need something translated from Viet to English?

There are many reasons why you may need something translated from Viet to English. It could be for personal, professional, or academic purposes. Some common reasons include communicating with English-speaking individuals, understanding documents or information in English, or expanding your knowledge and understanding of the language.

How do I find a translator for Viet to English?

There are various ways to find a translator for Viet to English. You can search for professional translation services online, ask for recommendations from friends or colleagues, or look for freelance translators on job platforms. It's important to choose a translator who is fluent in both languages and has experience in the subject matter you need translated.

What is the cost of translating from Viet to English?

The cost of translating from Viet to English can vary depending on the length and complexity of the text, the level of expertise needed, and the deadline. Some translators charge per word, while others charge per hour or project. It's best to request quotes from different translators and compare their rates before making a decision.

How long does it take to translate from Viet to English?

The time it takes to translate from Viet to English also depends on various factors such as the length and complexity of the text, the translator's speed and workload, and the deadline. A professional translator can usually translate around 2,000-2,500 words per day, but this can vary. It's best to discuss the timeline with your chosen translator before starting the project.