I need generator which at 150000 rpm give 42A at 10kW current

In summary, the author is looking for a generator that will produce 42 amps at 10 kW of current. He is considering using the generator to power a car turbine, and is concerned about the efficiency of the system. He proposes using a heat exchanger to recover energy from the airflow.
kacyz
Hello, I need Your help. I am looking for generator and I don't know were to find it.
I need generator witch at 150000 rpm give 42A at 10kW current.
This generator I will use at my car turbine, so it should be smoll.
Thank you for your help.

Engineering news on Phys.org

You are saying you want to hook a turbo-charger to this generator? Do you really think a turbo-charger can give you the required torque to supply this kind of power? By 10KW of 'current' I assume you mean power as in Watts. 'Current' is measured in amperes which you have already spec'd at 42.

kacyz said:
Hello, I need Your help. I am looking for generator and I don't know were to find it.
I need generator witch at 150000 rpm give 42A at 10kW current.
This generator I will use at my car turbine, so it should be smoll.
Thank you for your help.

Do you mean 15,000 RPM?

I attach an idea that I am talking about. I am planning to adjust this system in the hybrid car to charge batteries.

What do you think about heat exchanger, what could be inside it?

Attachments

• THE TURBINE RECOVERY SCHEME.doc
    84.5 KB · Views: 387

kacyz said:
I attach an idea that I am talking about. I am planning to adjust this system in the hybrid car to charge batteries.

What do you think about heat exchanger, what could be inside it?

What are you proposing with this turbine in your document? Are you trying to convert energy in the airflow past the car into electrical energy? That is not going to help the efficiency of the vehicle.

Your calculations appear to be off the mark as well.

Looks like he's trying to build a gas turbine (jet) engine using engine heat as a substitute for combusted gas. Interesting idea, I'm just not sure you can recover heat efficiently enough this way to matter.

In any case, the answer to the question in the OP is that generators just plain don't do 150,000 rpm: gas turbine power plants have reduction gears. You'll want to tie the turbine to a reduction gear to power the generator.

I agree that is difficult to create generator with 150000 rpm, but with reduction gear I can reduce rpm, so how much generator can have rpm?

Related to I need generator which at 150000 rpm give 42A at 10kW current

1. How does the generator produce 10kW of current at 150000 rpm?

The generator uses the principle of electromagnetic induction to convert mechanical energy from the high speed rotation into electrical energy. This allows it to produce a high current of 42A at 10kW power output.

2. What are the important factors to consider when selecting a generator for this specific requirement?

The key factors to consider include the required power output, rotational speed, and current capacity. It's also important to consider the efficiency and reliability of the generator, as well as any specific design requirements for the intended use.

3. Is 150000 rpm a common rotational speed for generators?

No, 150000 rpm is a very high rotational speed and would require a specialized and high-performance generator design. Most generators operate at much lower speeds, typically between 1000-3600 rpm.

4. Can this generator be used for other purposes besides producing 10kW current at 150000 rpm?

Yes, this generator can potentially be used for other applications that require high-speed rotation and a similar power output. However, it may not be suitable for lower speed or lower power applications due to its specialized design.

5. What are some potential challenges that may arise with a generator operating at such high speeds?

Some potential challenges may include increased wear and tear on the generator components, higher levels of noise and vibration, and the need for specialized materials and manufacturing techniques to withstand the high rotational speeds. Additionally, safety precautions must be taken to prevent accidents due to the high speed rotation.