Gravity Based Electricity Generator

kingamada said:
Thank you so much, you really did grasp my idea. Maybe I didn't ask the right questions, as you know sometimes it's about the quality of the question. Though I'm still trying to see how mechanical advantage does not alter the amount of power. Before we answer that, let me see if this rephrasing of my question will lead to a helpful answer and guide. Let's say I have a motor that has the below specification

MMA size
(shaft height, mm)
Rated Speed, rpmMax Speed, rpmRated Power, kWRated Torque, N•mPeak Torque, N•m
SH80580…26001400…60000.6…8.610.5…31.521…88
SH100580…26001400…60002.3…21.135.6…94.680…200
SH132580…26001400…60006.4…48.490.7…217200…400

If we attach 500kg of weight to the pulley weight to each of the motor and we attach a pulley with multiplying gears such that each rotation of the pulley in 2 seconds results to 100 rotation of the motor, which would translate to 30 rotation = 3,000 rpm. Now knowing the rpm, power output of the motor, peak torque and the height is 5 meters. Wouldn't it produce it produce the rated power as it's coming down?
Gearing changes how power is delivered but it doesn’t change the amount of total energy that can be extracted from the system.

Engineering news on Phys.org
kingamada said:
Yes, that's why i was thinking of tiny levers in the field, such that by mere grazing in the farm, they would be generating electricity.
A hard surface means less energy is required by the animal. I’m not sure of the amount of depression ( how much higher the animals would have to lift their feet off the ground ) the animals would experience in a fields that moved under their feet ( think of walking on a soft lawn verse walking on a hard grass surface ). The extra energy required by the animals to move might be more than they can generate. You can’t get anything for free.

Ripcrow said:
A hard surface means less energy is required by the animal. I’m not sure of the amount of depression ( how much higher the animals would have to lift their feet off the ground ) the animals would experience in a fields that moved under their feet ( think of walking on a soft lawn verse walking on a hard grass surface ). The extra energy required by the animals to move might be more than they can generate. You can’t get anything for free.
By effectively putting yourself in the animal's place you have successfully revealed the nonsense of the scheme. Just imagine the cost of a field full of "little levers" and the maintenance involved. I fear that the OP has never been made aware of the TNSTAAFL principle.
Skinny cows are not very marketable.

Likes phinds
Ripcrow said:
You can’t get anything for free.
No one is requesting anything for free, or trying to get free energy. Even the solar requires capital investment, maintenance, and all sort. We're looking for a cheaper alternative with minimal inputs but higher output. I feel like there is energy there that is left untapped.

After 74 posts, about 20 of which discuss the physics of energy conversion, I will summarize the physics of energy conversion:

First law of physics: You can't win.
Second law of physics: You can't even break even.
Third law of physics: You can't get out of the game.

All energy conversion systems, with no exceptions, require more total energy IN than get total energy OUT. That's the first law of physics. The second law of physics states that it is never possible to get out as much as you put in. There is no such thing as a zero friction, 100% efficient machine. And the third law states that there is no way around the first two laws.

kingamada said:
looking for a cheaper alternative with minimal inputs but higher output.
This is perpetual motion (PMM) or free energy, both of which are specifically not allowed at PF. Therefore, this thread is closed.

Likes phinds, DaveE, berkeman and 5 others