I need feedback on a story I wrote

• Thread starter jaramsli
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Feedback
In summary, the speaker is a programmer with limited writing skills but was encouraged by friends to create a blog. They are seeking feedback and mention two online critique workshops - Critique Circle and Critters. The speaker then thanks someone for trying to critique their work but admits they are not familiar with poetry or lyrics. They also mention being on the second rewrite of their blog.
jaramsli
I am really a programmer, so my writing skills are limited.
However, friends encouraged me, and I wrote http://tpsme1.blogspot.com, but can't seem to get any feedback.

Any feedback will be appreciated and favor will be returned.

A humble newbie

Jan Atle Ramsli

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried any of the many online critique workshops? One of the best, I think, is http://www.critiquecircle.com/default.asp.

You have to critique others to have your own looked at, but they make it easy with their in-line templates.

Another good one online is Critters.

Thanks!

I was going to critique it, but when I read it, I had no idea what I was looking at. I'm not a poetry or lyrical kind of guy, sorry.

Drakkith said:
I was going to critique it, but when I read it, I had no idea what I was looking at. I'm not a poetry or lyrical kind of guy, sorry.

Thanks!
You just did!

That simply means that it sucks :)

I'm on rewrite two now :)

Related to I need feedback on a story I wrote

1. Can you give me general feedback on my story?

Sure! I would be happy to read your story and give you my overall thoughts. Can you provide me with a link or a copy of your story so I can read it?

2. What aspects of my story should I focus on for feedback?

It would be helpful if you could tell me what specific areas or elements of your story you would like me to focus on for feedback. This could include things like character development, plot, writing style, etc.

3. How long will it take for you to provide feedback?

It may take me a few days to provide thorough feedback on your story, as I want to take the time to read it carefully and give you thoughtful responses. However, if you have a specific timeline in mind, please let me know and I will try my best to accommodate.

4. Will you provide both positive and constructive criticism?

Yes, I will provide both positive feedback and constructive criticism on your story. I believe it is important to highlight what is working well in your story, as well as offer suggestions for improvement.

5. Can I ask follow-up questions after receiving your feedback?

Absolutely! I am happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have about my feedback and offer further clarification or suggestions. I want to help you improve your story as much as possible.