I need a guide of topics to study maths

• Studying
  • Thread starter Santiago24
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Study Topics
In summary, you should start with linear algebra, then vector calculus, then differential equations and finally complex calculus.
Santiago24
Hi PF community, i'd like to learn about advanced maths but i don't know what are the requirements to study some topics, so if you can give me a list with the topics that i should learn first i will be very thankfull. :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Santiago Perini said:
Hi PF community, i'd like to learn about advanced maths but i don't know what are the requirements to study some topics, so if you can give me a list with the topics that i should learn first i will be very thankfull. :)
Which topics? The question is so vague that the only possible answer is: get a list of lectures at any university where mathematics can be studied.

Likes Santiago24
fresh_42 said:
Which topics? The question is so vague that the only possible answer is: get a list of lectures at any university where mathematics can be studied.
I'd like to study complex analysis, differential equations, vector calculus and topology, the problems is that i don't know what topics are in the middle or what study first.

What math do you currently know?

Likes Santiago24
Infrared said:
What math do you currently know?
Single variable calculus and linear algebra

Santiago Perini said:
I'd like to study complex analysis, differential equations, vectorial calculus and topology, the problems is that i don't know what topics are in the middle or what study first.
You should start with linear algebra before vector calculus. Then you can approach differential equations and complex calculus. Set topology is more or less independent of those, although some calculus would be nice to understand the examples. You can do it in parallel. And of course you need all basics in real calculus.

Likes Santiago24
fresh_42 said:
You should start with linear algebra before vector calculus. Then you can approach differential equations and complex calculus. Set topology is more or less independent of those, although some calculus would be nice to understand the examples. You can do it in parallel. And of course you need all basics in real calculus.
Thansk! :D

Related to I need a guide of topics to study maths

1. What are some essential topics to study in math?

Some essential topics to study in math include algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and trigonometry. These topics form the foundation of many other branches of mathematics and are crucial for understanding more advanced concepts.

2. How do I know which topics to focus on?

The topics you should focus on will depend on your level of math proficiency and your specific interests or goals. It is important to have a strong understanding of the basics before moving on to more complex topics. You may also want to consider the math requirements for your desired career or field of study.

3. Is it necessary to study all topics in math?

No, it is not necessary to study all topics in math. However, having a well-rounded understanding of different mathematical concepts can be beneficial and may help you in various areas of your life, such as problem-solving and critical thinking.

4. How can I find resources to help me study math topics?

There are many resources available to help you study math topics, including textbooks, online courses, tutoring services, and educational websites. You can also consult with your teacher or professor for additional recommendations.

5. How can I make studying math topics more enjoyable?

One way to make studying math more enjoyable is to find real-life applications for the concepts you are learning. This can help you see the practical use of math and make it more relevant to your life. You can also try studying with a friend or in a group, as discussing and solving problems together can make the process more engaging.