I cannot solve physics problems without solution help

In summary: Cheating can be a problem, but I don't think it's the root of your issue. The root of your issue is probably that you are not trying hard enough.In summary, the advice the poster provides is to try harder, to share ideas with peers, and to not cheat.
tfhub
Hi, I have some basic problem with solving physics problems. I cannot solve the quantum or statistical problems without help or by myself. sometimes the problem is that I don't even get what to start with. I am in my undergrad last year now. do you have any suggestion how to improve my problem solving skill?

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried repeating the same question at a later time? If not then maybe repeat the question after a hour, if you get it right try it the next day, if you get it right again try it after two etc. You should notice that the questions tend to follow a similar pattern, especially in final year undergrad courses, as there's only a finite number of systems that can be solved on a reasonable timescale without a computer.

Likes tfhub
Hi, I can do it well when I approach the same problem next time, I just have problem with the first time, like when i face a problem , I just don't know how to start it, as soon I see the solution I can do it. How can I know how to initialize the solving ?

Have you tried sharing ideas with your peers on approaching a problem? Often times you come up with good ideas just bouncing thoughts off one another.

How far back do you have to go before you can solve the problems on your own?

well I am pretty good with classical mechanics, I think everybody is, but I suck at quantum mechanics, my peers are not very intuitive though

So there are NO QM problems you can do without looking at the solutions?

nah

Then you somehow managed to get through QM without learning it. I don't know what to say - other than if you put the same effort into QM that you do towards crafting insightful and elucidating posts ("nah") that this may not be surprising.

Try not cheating your way through life and maybe you won't be so bad at physics...

Related to I cannot solve physics problems without solution help

1. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in physics?

Improving problem-solving skills in physics requires practice and understanding of key concepts. Start by reviewing fundamental principles and equations, and then attempt practice problems without looking at the solutions. If you get stuck, seek help from your teacher or a tutor. Keep practicing and challenging yourself with more difficult problems.

2. Why do I struggle with solving physics problems without solution help?

Solving physics problems can be challenging because it requires a combination of critical thinking, mathematical skills, and understanding of complex concepts. If you are struggling, it may be helpful to review the basics and seek guidance from a teacher or tutor. With practice and determination, you can improve your skills and become more confident in solving problems on your own.

3. Can I still do well in physics if I need solution help?

Yes, seeking solution help does not mean you are incapable or less intelligent. It simply means you may need some guidance and support in understanding certain concepts. With practice and perseverance, you can still do well in physics and improve your problem-solving skills over time.

4. How can I use solution help effectively without relying on it too much?

It is important to use solution help as a learning tool, rather than a crutch. Make sure you understand the steps and reasoning behind the solution, and try to apply it to similar problems in the future. Also, as you gain more understanding and practice, try solving problems on your own first before seeking help.

5. Are there any resources or strategies that can help me solve physics problems without solution help?

Yes, there are many resources available such as textbooks, online tutorials, and practice problems. Additionally, some strategies that can help include breaking down the problem into smaller parts, drawing diagrams or visual aids, and using relevant formulas and equations. Don't be afraid to ask for help when needed, and keep practicing to improve your skills.