I am new to this forum, want guidance

In summary, a new member on the forum requests guidance in exploring the field of physics, expressing their lack of motivation and resources in India. They also question the significance of revealing their favorite fish and seek clarification on forum terminology. Other members suggest creating a new thread and answering the fish question to proceed with forum rituals.
RohitRmB
i am new to this forum so if i do any mistakes then kindly guide me.
i didnt know where to post this question of mine.
i was wanted to go deep in physics, but in India not much importance is given to this field as a career and i was never motivated nor did i receive any help from any of my teachers, fellow students or parents to explore this field.
but now i want to go for it, so can anybody suggest me how to gain all the knowledge in physics, which books to read, what would be the sequence that i should follow to go ahead in physics stepwise.

and if i have posted this question in the wrong thread or in a wrong area can anybody guide me that where should i post it.
i am new to this forum and it's terminologies or jargons.
thank you friends

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.
A lot of our membership is from India, so those folks can probably give you the best advice as to what resources are available in your area. A lot of educational stuff is somewhat geographically/politically dependent.

However, you'll receive no help without revealing to us your favourite fish. :smile:

No fish, no guidance.

I am also new, and I for one like sardines. Same nutrients and affordability as tuna, without the mercury. I have ingested quite a lot of mercury.

arildno said:
No fish, no guidance.

Aaarrrgghhh... how could I have forgotten?! Sorry, folks. :redface:

nonmendelian said:
I am also new, and I for one like sardines. Same nutrients and affordability as tuna, without the mercury. I have ingested quite a lot of mercury.
It is illegal to hijack other members' "Hello, I'm new!"- thread.
So:
For you, no guidance, although fish, due to lack of unique "Hello, I'm new!"- thread.

my field of interest is universe, einstein's theory of relativity, quantum mechanics, electromagnetism

Your favourite fish is..?

Sorry aldrino sir but i am not getting what you meant by my favourite fish.
so i am able to reply, so sir can you kindly tell me what it stands for?

RohitRmB said:

It is something we require new members to provide so we can proceed our rituals... So, your fish? :biggrin:

Btw, aldrino sounds like a good name too :biggrin:

Hello Well i'Cant say I'm new as I'm here quiet a few times. I'm too from India. Just Tell me what do you do

Nstraw said:
Hello Well i'Cant say I'm new as I'm here quiet a few times. I'm too from India. Just Tell me what do you do
You must open your own thread, and answer the fish question there.
One thread=one fish

RohitRmB said:

Not until you tell me what your favourite fish is..:devil:

arildno said:
You must open your own thread, and answer the fish question there.
Well i know what the fish question is sir as i have been here for quite some time

Nstraw said:
Well i know what the fish question is sir as i have been here for quite some time

That's rather irrelevant since you're not the OP.

fish meaning what? exactly what do I have to give to complete the ritual?
just recently about 1 month ago I completed my engineering degree

but don't go with my degree, you can consider me new to physics and math cause I first did it just to complete my degree but now I want to do it with complete understanding.

hi, how can I start a new thread pls?

When you are at forum level (say, "General Discussion"), there is a box on top of the frame called "New Topic".
Click on that, to generate a new thread.

Related to I am new to this forum, want guidance

What is the purpose of this forum?

The purpose of this forum is to provide a platform for individuals to connect and discuss various topics related to science and research.

How can I get started on this forum?

To get started, you can create an account by providing your basic information and then explore the different topics and discussions on the forum. You can also introduce yourself in the designated section and start interacting with other members.

Are there any rules or guidelines I should follow while using this forum?

Yes, there are rules and guidelines in place to ensure the forum remains a respectful and informative space for all members. These include being respectful to others, avoiding spamming or self-promotion, and citing sources when sharing information.

I am interested in a specific topic, how can I find discussions about it on this forum?

You can use the search bar to look for specific keywords related to your topic. You can also browse through the different categories and sub-forums to find discussions on your topic of interest.

How can I contribute to this forum?

You can contribute to this forum by actively participating in discussions, sharing your knowledge and experiences, and asking questions. You can also suggest new topics or provide feedback to help improve the forum.