How to delete visitor messages?

• Thread starter rcgldr
  • Start date
In summary, to delete a specific visitor message, click on the message and select the delete button. To delete multiple messages at once, select the messages and confirm the deletion. To delete all messages from a certain user, go to their profile and click on the "Delete all messages" button. Deleted messages cannot be recovered, so it's important to double check before deleting. Most platforms have a feature to filter messages by date, allowing for the deletion of messages within a specific time period. This is useful for cleaning up old or spam messages.
rcgldr
Homework Helper
Apparently I "soft deleted" a pair of visitor messages. How do I do a true delete of visitor messages?

Physics news on Phys.org
Jeff Reid said:
Apparently I "soft deleted" a pair of visitor messages. How do I do a true delete of visitor messages?
Soft deleting means that the messages are no longer viewable, but they are retained on the system should they need to be recovered. Users only have the permissions necessary to soft delete messages, however mentors can permanently delete them.

I can clear out your messages now if you wish?

Related to How to delete visitor messages?

1. How do I delete a specific visitor message?

To delete a specific visitor message, you can click on the message and a delete button should appear. Click on the delete button and confirm the deletion to remove the message.

2. Can I delete multiple visitor messages at once?

Yes, you can delete multiple visitor messages at once by selecting the messages you want to delete and clicking on the delete button. Confirm the deletion and all selected messages will be removed.

3. How do I delete all visitor messages from a certain user?

To delete all visitor messages from a specific user, you can go to their profile and click on the "Delete all messages" button. This will remove all messages left by that user on your profile.

4. Is there a way to recover deleted visitor messages?

No, once a visitor message is deleted, it cannot be recovered. It is important to double check before deleting any messages to avoid losing important information.

5. Can I delete visitor messages from a certain time period?

Yes, most platforms have a feature to filter visitor messages by date. You can select a specific time period and then delete all messages within that time frame. This is useful for cleaning up old messages or removing spam.