How Far Will a Toboggan Slide on a Snowy Hill?

• Thread starter panther7
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a child pushing a toboggan up a snowy hill with an initial speed of 6.0 m/s. The hill is inclined at an angle of 32° and the toboggan weighs 100 N. The question is how far the toboggan will slide along the hill, assuming a coefficient of sliding friction of 0.15 between the toboggan and the snow. The person responding asks the original poster to share their progress on the problem so far.
panther7
A child shoves a small toboggan weighing 100 N up a snowy hill, giving the toboggan an initial speed of 6.0 m/s. If the hill is inclined at an angle of 32° above the horizontal, how far along the hill will the toboggan slide? Assume the coefficient of sliding friction beteen the toboggan and the snow is 0.15

thanks any help is appreciated

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

panther7 said:
A child shoves a small toboggan weighing 100 N up a snowy hill, giving the toboggan an initial speed of 6.0 m/s. If the hill is inclined at an angle of 32° above the horizontal, how far along the hill will the toboggan slide? Assume the coefficient of sliding friction beteen the toboggan and the snow is 0.15

thanks any help is appreciated

Hi panther7! Welcome to PF! :smile:

Show us what you've done so far, and where you're stuck, and then we'll know how to help you! :smile:

sorry about that i will make a new topic with the correct criteria

1. What should I do if I need help with a scientific problem?

If you are struggling with a scientific problem, the first step is to clearly define the problem and identify any potential solutions. You can then conduct research, consult with colleagues or experts in the field, and experiment to find the best solution. It is also important to document your progress and results.

2. Who can I turn to for help with a scientific problem?

There are many resources available for scientists seeking help with a problem. You can reach out to your peers, colleagues, or mentors for advice and guidance. You can also consult with experts in the field or reach out to online communities and forums for assistance.

3. How do I know if I need help with a scientific problem?

If you are feeling stuck or unsure about how to proceed with a scientific problem, it may be time to seek help. Other signs that you may need assistance include lack of progress, conflicting or inconclusive results, or difficulty understanding complex concepts or techniques.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when seeking help with a scientific problem?

When seeking help with a scientific problem, it is important to avoid relying too heavily on others and not taking ownership of the problem. It is also important to clearly communicate your problem and any previous attempts at finding a solution. Additionally, be open to constructive criticism and be willing to try new approaches.

5. How can I improve my problem-solving skills as a scientist?

Problem-solving is a crucial skill for scientists, and it can be improved through practice and experience. When faced with a problem, take the time to analyze and break it down into smaller, manageable parts. Additionally, try to approach problems from different angles and be open to new ideas and perspectives. Lastly, don't be afraid to make mistakes and learn from them.