How Do You Draw Vector AB and Its Equivalent from the Origin?

In summary, vector AB is a mathematical representation of a line segment from point A to point B. To draw vector AB, mark the starting and ending points on a coordinate plane and connect them with a straight line. The components of vector AB are its magnitude and direction, which can be determined by the length of the line segment and the angle it makes with the x-axis. The magnitude of vector AB can be calculated using the Pythagorean theorem or represented by the length of the line. Assistance can be provided for drawing vector AB by specifying questions or concerns.
darthxepher
Ok can someone help me. Its driving me crazy! and I know its really simple so the problem gives me points A and B:

A(2,3)

B(-2,1)

First it wants me to find vector AB
so i did that :

AB= <-4,-2>

Now, I am confused cause it wants me to draw it and the equivalent representation starting at the origin. and i don't know how to do that.

Thanks!
Julien

Physics news on Phys.org
You can either draw a vector between (2,3) and (-2,1) or the equivalent vector between (0,0) and (-4,-2), right? They are the same, just with different origins.

Related to How Do You Draw Vector AB and Its Equivalent from the Origin?

1. What is vector AB?

Vector AB is a mathematical representation of a line segment that starts at point A and ends at point B. It is typically denoted as AB.

2. How is vector AB drawn?

To draw vector AB, you need to first mark the starting point A and the ending point B on a coordinate plane. Then, using a ruler, draw a straight line connecting the two points. The arrowhead on one end of the line indicates the direction of the vector.

3. What are the components of vector AB?

The components of vector AB are its magnitude and direction. The magnitude is the length of the line segment, while the direction is the angle at which the line is drawn in relation to the x-axis.

4. How do I determine the magnitude of vector AB?

The magnitude of vector AB can be determined by calculating the distance between points A and B using the Pythagorean theorem. Alternatively, you can use the length of the line segment to represent the magnitude.

5. Can you help me with drawing vector AB?

Yes, I can provide assistance with drawing vector AB. Please specify your questions or concerns, and I will do my best to help you understand the concept and execute the drawing accurately.