How Can I Translate a Puppy Adoption Sign into Spanish?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Speaker
In summary: Spanish...)Free Puppy. I found her yesterday and she is very young and very friendly. She loves children. I can not keep her, please do not make me take her to the dog pound.:rofl:
tribdog
I'm trying to find a good home for my puppy. and my neighbor is having a garage sale. I've made up signs in english, but most of the people stopping by only speak spanish. Can someone translate this into spanish for me?
"Free Puppy. I found her yesterday and she's very young and very friendly. She loves kids. I can't keep her, please don't make me take her to the dog pound."

Physics news on Phys.org
Could try an online TRANSLATOR...at least it'd be better than nothing.

Is there a possibility that somewhere in the environment little kids are desperately searching for their puppy that strayed away?

I can't even remember the Spanish word for dog, let alone translate that whole sentence. Face it, you're keeping the dog. The fates have determined that all your efforts to give her away will be thwarted, and you'd never live with yourself if you took her to the pound.

So, what names are you thinking of? Tribdog II? Tribdogette?

http://www.google.ca/language_tools?hl=en

says

"Free Puppy. Encontré su ayer y ella es muy joven y muy amigable. Ella ama a los niños. Yo no puedo mantener su, por favor, no me hacen tomar su perro a la libra."

So Free Puppy ==> Free Puppy :rolleyes:

rootX said:
http://www.google.ca/language_tools?hl=en

says

"Free Puppy. Encontré su ayer y ella es muy joven y muy amigable. Ella ama a los niños. Yo no puedo mantener su, por favor, no me hacen tomar su perro a la libra."

So Free Puppy ==> Free Puppy :rolleyes:

I don't think that's quite right. I recognize "libra." That's translating pound as in the weight, not the place. But, good, perro means dog. The rest sounds close anyway. Need to figure out the "free puppy" part, since that's most important. Then again, I still think tribdog is going to keep her, so am not going to put that much effort into this. :biggrin: :devil:

I translated back and here's what I got:

Free Puppy. I found her yesterday and she is very young and very friendly. She loves children. I can not keep her, please do not make me take your dog to the pound

:smile:

Given that they don't understand free puppy, it's a really funny translation

rootX said:
I translated back and here's what I got:

:smile: Now THAT is a good way to get someone to adopt a dog. :smile:

Moonbear said:
I don't think that's quite right. I recognize "libra." That's translating pound as in the weight, not the place.

That's the trouble with online translators.

Why not say something like "tengo un perro gratis." It's the best I can think of, given my poor knowledge of spanish!

Oh, heck, just put up a sign, "Perro: $1." I'm sure anyone who would take it for free would take it for a dollar and it's easier than trying to figure out the translation for "free" as in free of charge.

Last edited:
Perrito libre for free puppy?

I'll tell you what. I'm getting closer and closer to this dog. I'm such a dog person. If I could find a job I would keep her, but she needs shots and all that jazz. You should have seen her with the little kids. She doesn't trust adults at all, but loved the kids. They were carrying her around and stealing her from each other.

Kurdt said:
Perrito libre for free puppy?

I think libre means free in every other context than "free of charge." Perrito sounds good, though (I like the idea of adding "ito" on the end of any word to make it mean "small"!)

I said "Gratis Puppy"

tribdog said:
I'm trying to find a good home for my puppy. and my neighbor is having a garage sale. I've made up signs in english, but most of the people stopping by only speak spanish. Can someone translate this into spanish for me?
"Free Puppy. I found her yesterday and she's very young and very friendly. She loves kids. I can't keep her, please don't make me take her to the dog pound."

Perro Gratis. La encontré ayer. Es muy joven, y muy amable, y tambien funciona bien con las niñas. No la puedo guardar. Por favor, no me haga tomarla a la perrera.

BoundByAxioms said:
Perro Gratis. La encontré ayer. Es muy joven, y muy amable, y tambien funciona bien con las niñas. No la puedo guardar. Por favor, no me haga tomarla a la perrera.

Translation by google

Free dog. I found yesterday. It is very young and very friendly, and also works well with girls. I can not save. Please do not make me take it to the kennel.

rootX said:
Translation by google

Well, google isn't exactly spitting out the finest translation. I'm consider myself to be for the most part fluent in Spanish and I'm pretty sure that were written on a sign, Spanish speakers would certainly understand what was being said, more than just "gratis puppy." (Which by the way has the noun and adjective in the wrong order). First of all I should have said ninos rather than ninas, so my bad. But perrerra is certainly the right word for "dog pound." I think I've read enough Spanish literature to know that. Futhermore, google translation doesn't seem to recognize the direct object pronoun "la" which means "her" within the context in which I used it.

BoundByAxioms said:
Well, google isn't exactly spitting out the finest translation. I'm consider myself to be for the most part fluent in Spanish and I'm pretty sure that were written on a sign, Spanish speakers would certainly understand what was being said, more than just "gratis puppy." (Which by the way has the noun and adjective in the wrong order). First of all I should have said ninos rather than ninas, so my bad. But perrerra is certainly the right word for "dog pound." I think I've read enough Spanish literature to know that. Futhermore, google translation doesn't seem to recognize the direct object pronoun "la" which means "her" within the context in which I used it.

I think he was probably just joking, since no-one would trust google translation over a real person translating the text. You can tell that from the fact that google used "libra" for "pound."

Related to How Can I Translate a Puppy Adoption Sign into Spanish?

1. How quickly can you find a Spanish speaker?

The speed at which a Spanish speaker can be found depends on several factors, such as availability, location, and urgency of the request. However, our team of scientists is skilled in finding solutions quickly and efficiently, so we will work to find a Spanish speaker as soon as possible.

2. Can you guarantee that the Spanish speaker will be fluent?

We cannot guarantee that the Spanish speaker we find will be fluent. However, our team has a thorough screening process to ensure that the Spanish speaker is proficient in the language and able to effectively communicate in Spanish.

3. Is there an additional cost for finding a Spanish speaker?

As scientists, our main priority is to find solutions to problems. Therefore, there is no additional cost for finding a Spanish speaker. We are committed to providing efficient and effective services to meet your needs.

4. What if I need a Spanish speaker for a specific field or topic?

We have a diverse team of scientists and researchers with various backgrounds and areas of expertise. If you require a Spanish speaker with knowledge in a specific field or topic, we will do our best to find one who meets your needs.

5. Can you provide a Spanish speaker for a long-term project?

Yes, our team is equipped to provide a Spanish speaker for long-term projects. Please provide us with the details of your project and we will work to find a Spanish speaker who can meet your project's requirements.