How can I master physics as an older college student?

• Thread starter jc0515
  • Start date
In summary, mastering physics as an older college student requires dedication, effective studying techniques, and seeking additional resources such as tutors or study groups. It is important to understand the fundamentals and build a strong foundation, as well as actively engaging with the material through practice problems. Time management and persistence are key, as well as taking advantage of available resources and seeking help when needed. With determination and hard work, it is possible for older college students to excel in physics.
jc0515
How did you find PF?
Google search
Hello everyone. I am a college student trying to master physics so I can continue on with mechanical engineering. I’m 36 so more of an older student LOL. I’m open to any tips you have for getting the hang of it. I watch tons of lectures and subscribe to math and science.com. I try to learn as much as I can but man I get lost LOL.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums JC. :smile:

You can find study tips in the Academic Guidance forum (or whatever it is called now), and you can get help on specific schoolwork problems by starting threads in the Homework Help forums (where you are required to show your best efforts to start working each problem that you post). The PF is a great learning resource, and it's good to have you here.

Likes jc0515 and phinds
Welcome to the forum. Math IS the key, so keep hacking at it & ask questions here when you get stuck.

Likes jc0515