How can I gain sufficient privileges to reply on closed threads?

In summary, gaining sufficient privileges to reply on closed threads requires obtaining a higher level of access on the platform or forum where the thread is located. This can be achieved by consistently engaging in discussions and contributing valuable content, which may lead to earning trust and recognition from moderators or administrators. Alternatively, some platforms may have a specific process for requesting higher privileges, such as submitting a formal request or completing certain tasks. It is important to follow the guidelines and rules set by the platform in order to gain the necessary privileges to reply on closed threads.
Vishu667
Hello there! I am a newbie on the physics forums.
I saw a thread which I wanted to answer because I had a better answer than the one given in that thread but the thread is closed and it is written there that 'you have insufficient privileges to reply here.' How do I get sufficient privileges? Thread - https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/sucking-cranberry-juice-out-of-a-hose.607126/
Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Vishu667 said:
Hello there! I am a newbie on the physics forums.
I saw a thread which I wanted to answer because I had a better answer than the one given in that thread but the thread is closed and it is written there that 'you have insufficient privileges to reply here.' How do I get sufficient privileges? Thread - https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/sucking-cranberry-juice-out-of-a-hose.607126/
Thank you
Once a thread is closed, you cannot post to it.

Likes Aufbauwerk 2045 and Vishu667
Evo said:
Once a thread is closed, you cannot post to it.
What about the privilege statement?

Vishu667 said:
What about the privilege statement?
Only mentors and the owner have sufficient privileges to post to a closed thread and it's usually only done by accident (a mentor is composing a post while another mentor is closing the thread), or a mentor needs to add an explanation of why the thread was closed, it is not done to continue the discussion.