How Can I Calculate the Minimum Value of n2 in Tractor Power Transmission?

In summary, the conversation discusses the calculation of the minimum speed for the output shaft in designing a traktor power transmission. The equation for calculating the maximum and minimum rotation rates of the driven shaft is provided, but the minimum value for n2 is not given. The individual asking the question attempted to calculate it and determined it to be 1875 rpm, but it should actually be 2000 rpm. They mention a formula for finding the minimum rotation motion and express their understanding of how it works. The question is not a homework assignment, but rather from a personal book on mobile hydraulics. The other person in the conversation asks for a reference to the book and clarifies if the ratio of V1 to V2
robax25
Hi, I have a problem to design traktor power transmission.Can anybody tell me How to calculate minimum speed for output shaft.I need to calculate number of rotation(maximum and minimum) of the driven shaft
Here is the equation: n(driven) max=(n(drive) + n2 (max). (z3/z1)) /(z3/z2 +1)
so I get 2500 rpm
n(driven) min=(n(drive) + n2 (min). (z3/z1)) / (z3/z2 +1)
So I need to get n2 mimimum value. Here is given only n2max but n2(min) is not given.How can I calculate the n2 min value?

I tried to calculate and get n2(min)= 1875 rpm but it should be 2000 rpm.
Here is the formula,
n(motor)/n(pump)=V(pump) / V(motor)
At the end, the minimum driven shaft rotation is 1437.5rpm but it should be 1500 rpm

Attachments

• 113.png
    113.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Is this homework?

It is not homework. It is a question from mobile hydraulics and I have all solution.However, I don't understand how to calculate minimum rotation motion for n2(min).This is my question.I understand a lot how it works.It is not instructed by professor, I bought personally mobile hydraulics book and from there, I get the question.

Can you please post a title, author, year and ISBN reference to the mobile hydraulics book.

Is the ratio of V1 to V2 variable?

Notice that the rotation rates, n, are specified as counterclockwise when viewed from the left. That makes it possible for some n values to be negative, which may make a difference when +1.

you are right. I solve the problem

Likes berkeman

Related to How Can I Calculate the Minimum Value of n2 in Tractor Power Transmission?

1. What is tractor power transmission?

Tractor power transmission is the process by which power is transferred from the engine of a tractor to the wheels or other attachments, allowing the tractor to perform various tasks such as plowing, tilling, and hauling.

2. What are the different types of tractor power transmission?

The two main types of tractor power transmission are mechanical and hydrostatic. Mechanical transmission uses gears, clutches, and other mechanical components to transfer power, while hydrostatic transmission uses fluid to transfer power.

3. What are the advantages of hydrostatic transmission over mechanical transmission?

Hydrostatic transmission offers smoother and more precise control of the tractor's speed and power, as well as better fuel efficiency. It also requires less maintenance and is easier to operate.

4. How does a tractor's transmission affect its performance?

The type and quality of a tractor's transmission can greatly impact its performance. A well-designed and maintained transmission can provide efficient power transfer, smooth operation, and improved fuel efficiency, while a poorly designed or maintained transmission can lead to decreased performance and costly repairs.

5. What factors should be considered when choosing a tractor with the right transmission?

Some important factors to consider when choosing a tractor with the right transmission include the type of tasks the tractor will be used for, the terrain and conditions it will be operating in, and the budget. It is also important to consider the reputation and reliability of the brand and model of the tractor's transmission.