Holy crap you have to try this recipe.

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
In summary: Sounds delicious, i want to loose some weight :(This is an amazing recipe for peach cobbler that I made the other day. It was so good it was gone in less that 2 hours. I feel like I have an obligation to share it.
gravenewworld
This is an amazing recipe for peach cobbler that I made the other day. It was so good it was gone in less that 2 hours. I feel like I have an obligation to share it.

* 8 fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and sliced into thin wedges
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
* 2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
* 1/4 cup boiling water
* MIX TOGETHER:
* 3 tablespoons white sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine peaches, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Toss to coat evenly, and pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in butter with your fingertips, or a pastry blender, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in water until just combined.
4. Remove peaches from oven, and drop spoonfuls of topping over them. Sprinkle entire cobbler with the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bake until topping is golden, about 30 minutes.

Physics news on Phys.org
Is it low on sugars?

LOL, I don't think so. but if you are going to bake something, you have to do it right, never ever skimp and use margarine for butter or splenda instead of sugar etc. Its simply not good if you do.

arildno said:
Is it low on sugars?

You could have a small portion, i am sure it will not make your love handles
bigger.
:smile:

Sounds delicious, i want to loose some weight :(

A good recipe that lasted almost 2 hours?! You must not work with the locusts I work with. I could put out anything and it disappears in about a half hour. The only thing that seems to last longer are things that aren't home-baked, like when someone brings in Dunkin' Donuts.

mmmm...donuts
http://images.mytheme.com/mytheme/buddy/109763969323446.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Cobbler

gravenewworld said:
4. Remove peaches from oven, and drop spoonfuls of topping over them. Sprinkle entire cobbler with the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bake until topping is golden, about 30 minutes.
Well one can also use apple or apple/peach, or apple/pear/peach, as well as other fruit (raspberries/blackberries/blueberries), but the temps might be slightly different. :smile:

Oh, and you forgot - cover with several scoops of vanilla ice cream! :biggrin:

And no Splenda!

A good recipe that lasted almost 2 hours?! You must not work with the locusts I work with. I could put out anything and it disappears in about a half hour. The only thing that seems to last longer are things that aren't home-baked, like when someone brings in Dunkin' Donuts.

If I definitely brought this into work it would be gone in less than that. My two roomates and I finished off the entire thing in 2 hrs. The peach cobbler was dinner and dessert that day.

Oh, and you forgot - cover with several scoops of vanilla ice cream!

can't forget that!

Related to Holy crap you have to try this recipe.

What ingredients are needed for this recipe?

The ingredients for this recipe may vary depending on the specific recipe, but some common ingredients may include flour, sugar, eggs, butter, and various seasonings.

How long does it take to make this recipe?

The time it takes to make this recipe will also vary, but most recipes can be completed within 30-60 minutes.

Can I substitute any ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can experiment with substitutions for certain ingredients to cater to your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. However, this may alter the taste and texture of the final product.

What equipment do I need to make this recipe?

The equipment needed for this recipe may include a mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, baking sheet or pan, and oven. Again, this may vary depending on the specific recipe.

Is this recipe suitable for vegetarians/vegans/gluten-free diets?

Some recipes may already be suitable for certain dietary restrictions, but it is always important to check the ingredients and make necessary substitutions to ensure it is suitable for your diet.