Hii'm fastrunner101, a senior in hs, and im excited to join PF

• Thread starter fastrunner101
  • Start date
In summary, Hii'm fastrunner101, a senior in hs, and im excited to join PF. I am looking forward to being a part of this community and learning from others while also sharing my knowledge and experiences. I am eager to connect with like-minded individuals and engage in discussions on various topics. I am confident that this platform will help me grow and prepare for my future endeavors.
fastrunner101
How did you find PF?
i found PF while searching for physics hw help
I first took physics in 9th grade for a single semester, and got a sem B much to my dismay. I did a lot of practice and I still couldn't understand the concepts. And now, I'm determined to get an sem A in AP Physics C Mechanics and Electromagnetism. But my first quarter just ended, and I ended with a B.
I spend at least 2 hours on 10 homework problems and reading the chapter while my counterparts easily fly through them in an hour. I feel defeated, and I don't know how to study effectively and efficiently. I've been asking myself how I can study smarter, and not longer. I learn a few instruments, volunteer at a few places, and go to a tough school- I barely even have time for a good social life already. I enjoy learning physics, but I'm not good at it and I really want to be.
Today I searched up 'physics textbooks don't help me understand how to do concept questions' and came across PhysicsForums for the first time, a friendly community that might be able to help me become a better student. Through the forums and insight blog, there is much that I will be able to learn, and I hope to communicate with many physics enthusiasts that are present on this wonderful platform :)

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF; you are in the right place. :smile:

When posting schoolwork questions in the Homework Help forums, just be sure to show your best efforts at working the problems, and you will get good help here.

You can also check out our Academic Advising forum to look for study tips and advice. Enjoy PF! :smile:

Likes dlgoff
berkeman said:
Welcome to PF; you are in the right place. :smile:

When posting schoolwork questions in the Homework Help forums, just be sure to show your best efforts at working the problems, and you will get good help here.

You can also check out our Academic Advising forum to look for study tips and advice. Enjoy PF! :smile:
Thank you!

Likes berkeman