High School Investigation Projects: Bio and Chem

In summary, the conversation is about a high school student seeking advice on their investigatory project on bio and chem. They have completed practicals for the chem portion on food adulteration, but still need to submit 10-12 pages of relevant information. They are also hoping to find experiments related to cancer to include in their project. They have asked for suggestions for websites and sources, and received a response from someone asking for clarification on their needs.
fawaz
dear friends..
i am a high skool student.we have to do an investigatory project on bio and chem..
chem - food adulteration
bio - cancer

chem we have completed te practicals but similar to phy we have to submit 10 - 12 pages of relevant info.

in case of bio we have todo on cancer.. but is it possible to have any experiments based on cancer. such as labarotory tests on nethin else to present in form of table?

also please it wud be kind of u if u wud help me in also advising some sites on chemistry project for some information

thank you
fawaz

Biology news on Phys.org
I'm not exactly sure of what you are asking. Do you need general references to read on the topic of cancer to write a report? Do you need to do some sort of small experiment? Or do you need a reference that provides some data from an experiment to summarize in your own report?

dear moonbear.. i need some small experiments related to cancer.. that i am supposed to present along with my project...
thank u for replying.

Related to High School Investigation Projects: Bio and Chem

1. What is the purpose of a high school investigation project in bio and chem?

The purpose of a high school investigation project in bio and chem is to encourage students to apply their knowledge and skills in the field of biology and chemistry through hands-on experimentation and research. These projects also allow students to explore their interests, develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and gain a deeper understanding of scientific concepts.

2. How do you come up with a topic for a high school bio or chem investigation project?

To come up with a topic for a high school bio or chem investigation project, students can start by brainstorming ideas based on their interests, current events, or real-world problems. They can also consult with their teachers, mentors, or classmates for suggestions. It is important to choose a topic that is feasible, relevant, and aligns with the project guidelines.

3. What are the key components of a successful high school bio or chem investigation project?

The key components of a successful high school bio or chem investigation project include a clear research question, a well-designed experiment, accurate data collection and analysis, and a thorough conclusion. Other important factors include proper safety precautions, ethical considerations, and effective communication of results.

4. How can I ensure the validity and reliability of my high school bio or chem investigation project?

To ensure the validity and reliability of a high school bio or chem investigation project, students should carefully plan and execute their experiment, control variables, use appropriate measurement techniques, and repeat the experiment multiple times. They should also consult with their teachers or mentors for feedback and follow proper scientific methods and protocols.

5. Can high school bio or chem investigation projects lead to further research opportunities or career options?

Yes, high school bio or chem investigation projects can lead to further research opportunities or career options. These projects demonstrate a student's interest, skills, and potential in the field of biology and chemistry, which can be beneficial for college applications or future job opportunities. Some students may also choose to pursue a career in research or science-related fields based on their experience with these projects.