Help with determining transfer function for a single phase inverter

In summary, the conversation discusses a task of designing a PWM controller for a single phase inverter, with a focus on the placement of the current measurement. The traditional approach involves two control loops and measuring the current at the inductor and the voltage at the capacitor. However, in this case, the current needs to be measured at the output leg. The speaker requests tips or guidance on how to approach this problem. Eventually, they figure out a solution using resistors in series and parallel.
Dextrine
Hello everyone.

So I have been tasked with an interesting take on what seems to be a classic problem, that is, designing a PWM controller for a single phase inverter. Now, in all the books I've read this problem has two control loops, an inner current loop and an outer voltage loop. The measured current is taken at the inductor and the measured voltage is taken across the capacitor (or the output). I understand this take on the problem.

However, my problem has everything the same as the classic one, except the current needs to be measured at the output leg. Any tips or if anyone can point me in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance. Also if this isn't an appropriate place to post this question, let me know where I could.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Nevermind, figured it out using some resistors in series and parallel.

Related to Help with determining transfer function for a single phase inverter

1. What is a transfer function for a single phase inverter?

A transfer function for a single phase inverter is a mathematical representation that describes the relationship between the input voltage and the output voltage of the inverter. It is used to analyze and design the performance of the inverter.

2. How do you determine the transfer function of a single phase inverter?

To determine the transfer function of a single phase inverter, you will need to take measurements of the input voltage and output voltage while varying the frequency of the input signal. Then, you can use the measured data to calculate the transfer function using mathematical formulas or software tools.

3. What factors can affect the transfer function of a single phase inverter?

The transfer function of a single phase inverter can be affected by various factors such as the type and quality of the components used, the load connected to the inverter, and the operating conditions (e.g. temperature, voltage fluctuations).

4. Why is it important to determine the transfer function of a single phase inverter?

Determining the transfer function of a single phase inverter is important because it allows for the analysis and optimization of the inverter's performance. It also helps in identifying any potential issues or limitations of the inverter and finding ways to improve its efficiency and reliability.

5. Can the transfer function of a single phase inverter change over time?

Yes, the transfer function of a single phase inverter can change over time due to factors such as component degradation, changes in load requirements, and external disturbances. It is important to regularly monitor and recalibrate the inverter to ensure its performance remains optimal.