Help with College Algebra Project

In summary, the conversation is about a project in a college algebra class where the students are tasked with finding the domain and range of various lines and creating equations to represent them. The student is seeking help with finding the equations for three specific lines and solving word problems. However, due to MHB's policy against helping with graded assignments, the thread is being closed and the student is encouraged to send a private message to discuss the matter further. The policy emphasizes the importance of academic honesty and integrity.
Shelby1
This is a project that I have to do in my college algebra class. The attachment provides an example, but it also gives you a picture drawn on a graph. Each line is assigned a letter. The teacher wants us to find the domain and the range of each line. He also wants us to create an equation to represent the line. We have done all the equations except for G, H, & I. I just need help figuring out how to find the equations. I have literally asked everyone that I know, and no one has any idea of what to do for the project. Also, the last page has word problems. We need help with 1b and 1c. Also we need help with 2 and 3. Is there anyone who can help explain these problems for me?
Thanks.

Attachments

• modelcar4.pdf
    221.1 KB · Views: 50
Mathematics news on Phys.org
It looks to me like this is a graded assignment. Our policy here at MHB is to not knowingly provide help with graded assignments. MHB rule #6 states:

Do not cheat. Teachers expect questions that form part of an assessment that contributes towards the final grade of a student to be the work of that student and not the work of others. For that reason, MHB policy is to not knowingly help with such questions. If a question presents in such a way as to suggest that it falls in this category, a Moderator will Close the thread (with an explanation as to why the thread was closed). The original poster can always send a pm to the Moderator to discuss the situation but if the Moderator is unconvinced, then the thread will remain closed. When a Moderator is certain that a particular member is attempting to cheat, that member will be banned and the offending thread removed. Where possible, the moderator will notify the institute at which the member studies and provide a copy of the thread. This may sound harsh but the fact is that MHB places a high premium on academic honesty and integrity.

As you can see, I am directed by our policy to close this thread. I encourage you to send me a PM to discuss this matter.

Best Regards,

Mark.

Related to Help with College Algebra Project

1. What is a college algebra project?

A college algebra project is an assignment given to students in a college algebra class that involves applying algebraic concepts and problem-solving skills to real-world situations. It typically requires students to analyze data, create mathematical models, and draw conclusions based on their findings.

2. How long does a college algebra project take to complete?

The duration of a college algebra project can vary depending on the complexity of the assignment and the individual student's pace. It can range from a few hours to a few weeks. It is important to start the project early and manage your time effectively to avoid rushing through it at the last minute.

3. What are some common topics covered in a college algebra project?

Some common topics covered in a college algebra project include linear equations, systems of equations, quadratic equations, exponential and logarithmic functions, and graphing. Students may also be asked to apply algebraic concepts to real-life scenarios such as finance, population growth, or scientific experiments.

4. Do I need to have advanced math skills to complete a college algebra project?

While a basic understanding of algebra is necessary to complete a college algebra project, it does not require advanced math skills. It primarily involves using algebraic rules and concepts that are taught in most high school algebra classes. However, students may need to seek additional help or resources if they struggle with certain topics.

5. What are the benefits of completing a college algebra project?

Completing a college algebra project can help students improve their critical thinking skills, develop problem-solving strategies, and gain a deeper understanding of algebraic concepts. It can also serve as a great opportunity to apply math to real-life situations and enhance their overall learning experience in the subject.