Help (Repost from Chemistry board)

In summary, the poster is seeking help with a chemistry problem that involves a galvanic cell and calculating the concentration of Fe3+ ions. They have already completed most of the problem set but are stuck on this last question and have not been able to find a solution despite asking classmates and receiving a hint from the computer. They are urgently seeking assistance as this is the last problem set question of the semester.
Maxwell
Help! (Repost from Chemistry board)

So far I have done 14 out of 15 questions on the LAST problem set of the semester.

I am stuck on one question, and no matter what I try, it won't accept my answer (the problem set is electronic).

Here is the problem:

"A galvanic cell consists of a Pt cathode inmmersed in a solution containing Fe2+ at 2.15 M and Fe3+ at unknown concentration, as well as a Cu anode immersed in a 2.30 M solution of Cu2+. The cell voltage is 0.09 V. What is the concentration of Fe3+ ions? Enter your answer in M."

Since I tried the problem so many times, the computer gave me a hint:

"Hint: The platinum is acting as the cathode, and the copper is acting as the anode in this cell. Calculate the Eo for this cell, and given the actual emf, work backwards with the Nernst equation to calculate concentrations. Don't forget to count the number of electrons being transferred."

Anytime I ask someone in my class how they did it, I get a generic answer like "my friend did it".

PLEASE help me on this, this is the LAST problem set question of the semester!

Thank you..

(PS - I also posted this on the Chemistry board, just incase someone who can help does not check the chem board.)

Physics news on Phys.org
I got the answer, nevermind. :smile:

Hello, it looks like you are having trouble with a specific chemistry problem. I would recommend trying the hint that the computer gave you - calculate Eo for the cell and use the Nernst equation to work backwards and calculate the concentration of Fe3+ ions. Also, don't forget to count the number of electrons being transferred. If you still need help, I would suggest reaching out to your professor or a tutor for further assistance. Good luck!

What is the purpose of Help in Chemistry?

The purpose of Help in Chemistry is to provide assistance and guidance to students and researchers in understanding and applying concepts, theories, and principles in the field of Chemistry. It can also refer to resources and tools that can aid in the learning and problem-solving process.

How can Help improve my understanding of Chemistry?

Help in Chemistry can improve your understanding by providing clear explanations, examples, and practice problems. It can also offer different perspectives and approaches to solving problems, allowing you to better grasp difficult concepts or topics.

Where can I find reliable Help for Chemistry?

You can find reliable Help for Chemistry from various sources such as textbooks, online educational platforms, study groups, and professional tutors. It is essential to ensure that the source is reputable and credible to avoid misinformation or misunderstanding.

What should I look for in Chemistry Help resources?

When looking for Chemistry Help resources, it is essential to consider the credibility, relevance, and quality of the information. Look for resources that are recommended by experts in the field or have received positive reviews from other students or researchers.

Can Help be used for cheating in Chemistry?

No, Help in Chemistry should not be used for cheating. It is meant to assist and guide you in learning and understanding the subject, not to provide answers for assignments or exams. Cheating goes against the principles of academic integrity and can hinder your learning and development as a scientist.