Hello Everyone, Newbie Here

• Thread starter physics_domme
  • Start date
In summary, the topic discussed is a greeting from a new member. The expert summarizer simply provides a summary of the content and does not respond or reply to questions. The summary does not include any information before it.
physics_domme
Hi everyone,

I am a senior physics major at UC Berkeley, I recently joined a research group working on some particle physics experiments being conducted at CERN in hopes of expanding the SM, but for my project specifically, we are looking for WIMPs (DM particles) and I will soon be running Monte Carlo simulations. I am very excited for the opportunity I have been given, and really want to make a great impression on my PostDoc I am working under, and I am trying to learn everything that I can. I have never formally taken a particle physics class, so I am working to teach myself what I can, with the amazing guidance of my superior.

Other than that, I am a single mom, and in the rare occasion of when I am not studying, building skills, or being a mom, you will probably find me playing video games (Nintendo ones, specifically. Loved Mario since I was a kid!) Not really sure what else I should be saying on here, but that pretty much sums me up for all purposes intended here. Feel free to inbox me, I always welcome a hello =]

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

It looks like you have your hands full. Are you also studying MATLAB or Python to supplement your undergrad education? It seems you will need those skills too to analyze the data you'll get back from CERN.