Hello everyone, can somebody with cascode amplifier

In summary, the conversation revolved around someone asking for help with calculating a cascode amplifier and understanding the formula and schematic. They mentioned a book they were reading and asked for clarification on certain values. Another person chimed in to suggest improvements to the schematic and offer additional information. The conversation concluded with the initial person expressing gratitude for the help.
michael1978
Hello evervone can somebody help me, to calculate the cascade amplifier,

if somebody can tell me the formula? of to explain me? i am reading the book "electronics devices circuit and theory" page 201-202
i don't know how come the value 2.50v, 1.25v, 1,87v see the photo down...
1.png

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 439
Engineering news on Phys.org
I fixed your thread title to "cascode" amplifier, which I think is what you are asking about, right?

You should put the ground symbol at the bottom of your schematic so your bias voltages make more sense. And are you meaning to put the AC input signal into the base of Q2 and take the output at the collector of Q1?

Also, for a cascode amplifier, you would typically use a decoupling capacitor on the base of Q1. Is anything like that shown in your book?

Thanks anbbody, i made some bad calculations, now i undterstand...
so i fixed...
thanks to anybody for timeee.

greetings.

Related to Hello everyone, can somebody with cascode amplifier

1. What is a cascode amplifier?

A cascode amplifier is a type of electronic amplifier that uses two transistors in a stacked configuration to achieve high gain and wide bandwidth. It is commonly used in radio frequency (RF) and high-frequency applications.

2. How does a cascode amplifier work?

In a cascode amplifier, the first transistor (called the cascode transistor) is connected to the input signal while the second transistor (called the gain transistor) is connected to the output. The cascode transistor provides high input impedance and the gain transistor provides high output impedance, resulting in high overall gain and low distortion.

3. What are the advantages of using a cascode amplifier?

Cascode amplifiers offer several advantages, including high gain, wide bandwidth, and low distortion. They also have a high input impedance, making them suitable for use in high-frequency applications. Additionally, they have a low output impedance, allowing them to drive low impedance loads without significant signal loss.

4. What are the disadvantages of a cascode amplifier?

One potential disadvantage of a cascode amplifier is its complexity. It requires two transistors and careful biasing to operate properly. Additionally, the stacked configuration can lead to increased noise and reduced stability in some cases.

5. Where are cascode amplifiers commonly used?

Cascode amplifiers are commonly used in high-frequency and RF applications, such as in radio transmitters and receivers, as well as in high-performance audio equipment. They are also used in other electronic devices that require high gain and wide bandwidth, such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers.