Heat Transfer Problem in Ansys

In summary: You might not have enough memory to run this case. Try creating a smaller mesh (like 2 times smaller) to see if it runs, reduce your mesh until it starts.
M M Ali Rafique
Dear All,

I am facing a problem in Ansys

Ansys issue.

I am solving a model (Transient Thermal Analysis (Heat Flow from Hydrothermal Vessel)) in Ansys 16.2 Workbench

While reaching modeling stage, and upon running the simulation, program gives an below errorAn error occurred while starting the solver module. Please refer to the Troubleshooting section in the ANSYS Mechanical User Guide.
Project>Model>Transient Thermal>Solution

The solution of which is referred to at, and is mentioned in
Ansys Mechanical User Guide (http://148.204.81.206/Ansys/150/ANSYS%20Mechanical%20Users%20Guide.pdf) under the heading of

"An Error Occurred While Starting the Solver Module" (Page 1419)

According to which, I must access Control Panel of my computer to increase my virtual memory to run this simulation.

Even after doing that, problem persists.

What should I do?

I shall be extremely gratefulWith regards,
Ali

Attachments

• Hydrothermal_Screen Shot_1.pdf
    169.5 KB · Views: 370
Engineering news on Phys.org
How many nodes and elements in your model, and how much RAM and hard disk space does your computer have? Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?

Also, what kind of boundary conditions are you using in the model? Have you considered making an axi-symmetric or quarter-symmetry model to reduce the hardware requirements?

M M Ali Rafique said:
Dear All,

I am facing a problem in Ansys

Ansys issue.

I am solving a model (Transient Thermal Analysis (Heat Flow from Hydrothermal Vessel)) in Ansys 16.2 Workbench

While reaching modeling stage, and upon running the simulation, program gives an below errorAn error occurred while starting the solver module. Please refer to the Troubleshooting section in the ANSYS Mechanical User Guide.
Project>Model>Transient Thermal>Solution

The solution of which is referred to at, and is mentioned in
Ansys Mechanical User Guide (http://148.204.81.206/Ansys/150/ANSYS%20Mechanical%20Users%20Guide.pdf) under the heading of

"An Error Occurred While Starting the Solver Module" (Page 1419)

According to which, I must access Control Panel of my computer to increase my virtual memory to run this simulation.

Even after doing that, problem persists.

What should I do?

I shall be extremely gratefulWith regards,
Ali
Respected Sir,
I face the same problem now?
Have you solved it?
If yes, how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance.
Mech_Engineer said:
How many nodes and elements in your model, and how much RAM and hard disk space does your computer have? Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?

Also, what kind of boundary conditions are you using in the model? Have you considered making an axi-symmetric or quarter-symmetry model to reduce the hardware requirements?
Hello expert,
I have a similar problem as M.M Ali Rafique.
I have nearing 10lakhs nodes.
My system RAM is 8GB and 1TB hard disk and no HDD.
It is a 64 bit OS. All the heat convection and radiation is considered in my case.
Complex geometry are removed for analysis.

Please give me a solid solution.

Thanks in advance

You might not have enough memory to run this case. Try creating a smaller mesh (like 2 times smaller) to see if it runs, reduce your mesh until it starts.

Related to Heat Transfer Problem in Ansys

1. What is heat transfer problem in Ansys?

Heat transfer problem in Ansys refers to the process of analyzing and simulating the transfer of thermal energy between different components or materials within a system. It is an important aspect of engineering and scientific research, as it allows for the prediction and optimization of temperature distribution, heat flow, and other related phenomena.

2. What types of heat transfer can be simulated using Ansys?

Ansys offers the capability to simulate all three types of heat transfer: conduction, convection, and radiation. Conduction is the transfer of heat through direct contact between materials, convection is the transfer of heat through the movement of fluids, and radiation is the transfer of heat through electromagnetic waves.

3. How does Ansys handle heat transfer simulations?

Ansys uses advanced numerical methods, such as finite element analysis, to solve the equations that govern heat transfer. It allows for the creation of complex 3D models, computation of temperature distribution, and visualization of results to aid in the understanding of the heat transfer process.

4. What types of problems can be solved using Ansys for heat transfer?

Ansys can be used to solve a wide range of heat transfer problems, including steady-state and transient heat transfer, multi-physics problems involving heat transfer, and problems with complex geometries and boundary conditions. It is also commonly used for thermal analysis in industries such as aerospace, automotive, and electronics.

5. What are the benefits of using Ansys for heat transfer simulations?

Ansys offers a powerful and versatile platform for heat transfer simulations, allowing for accurate and efficient analysis of complex systems. It also provides a user-friendly interface and a variety of tools for pre-processing, post-processing, and visualization of results, making it a popular choice among scientists and engineers for heat transfer problems.